Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking To Buy - Value?

sarah streetka

Hi

im looking to buy a fiesta or a focus, ideally to get a pram in the boot. If im looking at one about a year or two old what sort of price would i be looking to pay. Possibly from main dealer, would i be better off buying brand new if theres not a lot between new and 2 yrs old?

Hi

im looking to buy a fiesta or a focus, ideally to get a pram in the boot. If im looking at one about a year or two old what sort of price would i be looking to pay. Possibly from main dealer, would i be better off buying brand new if theres not a lot between new and 2 yrs old?

it depends a lot on the year the mileage and condition but an example of say a two year old focus 1.6 zetec 5 door with 30k omn the clock is Dealer £6,210 Private £5,755 Part exchange £5,645 Trade £5,345 Cost new £14,195 if you need to check a valuation on a car you see use this http://www.whatcar.com/valuations

also you are best buying second hand as you wont suffer the hit on depreciation as yoiu do with a new car also buy from either a dealer or a garage not from the side of the road as youll know that the car is what is says it is the mileage is correct it will likely have been serviced and have a service history and most imporatnt youll get a warranty for peace of mind the fiesta is a bit small i have the mk1 5 door focus and i get a pram in the back and shopping no problem at all and the rear sits 2 car seats 3 at a push no problem 5 door wioll suit you better like me you need the space to get the kid in and out the car without climbing over seats

Try get a pre-reg car there basically brand new with a fair chunk of list price. Ford are currently doing offers on the zetec trimed focus's i think its about 4k of list with out haggling that said hunt around at various main dealers for better offers. A 2-3yr old focus will be ALOT less though just make sure its got a full history etc all the usual stuff really in that time very little will of had chance to go wrong hopefully also it pays to buy from a main dealer be it ford or somewhere like arnold clark with a nice wedge of warrenty thrown in :P .

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Try get a pre-reg car there basically brand new with a fair chunk of list price. Ford are currently doing offers on the zetec trimed focus's i think its about 4k of list with out haggling that said hunt around at various main dealers for better offers. A 2-3yr old focus will be ALOT less though just make sure its got a full history etc all the usual stuff really in that time very little will of had chance to go wrong hopefully also it pays to buy from a main dealer be it ford or somewhere like arnold clark with a nice wedge of warrenty thrown in :P .

Mike

I love these people who want you to go out of your way to give advice, then cannot be @rsed to come back and say thanks.............of course in this celebrity obsessed world we seem to live in, every body is so self important. :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club