Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting okay, but after start/stop only cranking

Maxskou
聽Share

Hi guys, My聽Girlriends car is acting up!聽

Focus 1.0 2014 early MK4 173.000km a lot of city driving. Car owned for 3 months馃槥

Starting as normally from home, drove 25km in city, suddenly only cranking after stopping for red light (a bit faster than usually and I worry about a blown cylinder, but why should that happen in this situation) coils and plugs were changed and car ran again for a week..聽

Today same, started at the house, went 200meters down the Street and engine stopped and didn't start again, just cranking..聽

I think it is the fuel pump, why would the start/stop initiate so shortly after starting engine first time? (cold engine) maybe just died Due to lack of fuel pressure??聽

Thanks! 馃檪

span widget

14 minutes ago, Maxskou said:

Focus 1.0 2014 early MK4 173.000km

Can not be a 2014 Focus Mk4, they didn't start to make them until late 2018, and I'm not sure why you have posted in the Ecosport forum.

So you have a 1.0 Ecoboom engine that has done 108,000 miles. Has it had a service and oil change every year from new ?

The chances are that the engine has reached the end of it's life.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club