Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red Snowflake Warning Light & No Temperature Readout On Dash

danzman1991

Hi,

While driving last night the Red Snowflake Warning Light came on (Which I believe is to warn me thats its less than 0degrees? (Which is wasn't, it was 10degrees at least)and the temperature readout on the left display just has a "- - - c"

Whats gone wrong?

Thanks,

Dan.

• Sad 1

sounds like it could be a problem with the outside air temp sender or it wiring, which is located behind the front bumper.also check the fuse.

• 12 years later...

Hi,

I can see that this is quite an old topic. Now I have exactly the same problem. Can you recall what caused the problem for your car?

Thanks,

Peter

The outside temperature sensor is broken or the wiring to it is open-circuit.

• Like 1

Do you have any other problems on the dash like the indicator tell tale lights not flashing even though indicator lamps outside work,  and no indicator flash clicking sound? And handbrake light stays on when handbrake off? 

• 3 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 1:10 PM, unofix said:

The outside temperature sensor is broken or the wiring to it is open-circuit.

Not sure if you are saying your only problem is the outside temp or the other stuff I described. On my brothers focus 2008 it had all of the problems I described. It was fixed by reseating the electrical plugs on the bcm under the glovebox. It has loads of plugs on it and hinges downwards to access. It is possible for passengers feet to kick it and affect it. 

On 11/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, Jonasjonas said:

Hi isetta,

sorry for reviving this topic, but I have this exact issue with my C max from 2011. Can you say something about what might cause it?

Thank you!

• 5 months later...

I had the same issue, exactly the scenario that isetta explains. Their comment prompted me to look under the passenger footwell, lo and behold, a plug disconnected and hanging down! Switched engine off, reseated plug, and central locking made audible sound immediately! Now all is well. Thankyou Isetta!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club