Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 Tdci Odd Noise When Accelerating

matb_uk03

Hi,

I have a 56 plate Fusion 1.4 TDCI Zetec (35k miles) which I've had for about 2 1/2 months and over the last few days I've started hearing an odd noise like compressed air when under moderate to harsh acceleration. It usually only occurs when I'm already doing about 40+ mph. If I just cruise then it seems okay.

I doesn't feel like it's loosing power and there isn't any black smoke that I can see. I took it back to the garage and they said that checked the pipes but couldn't find any problems. I'm hoping it isn't the turbo as I don't think it's covered under warranty. One other thing to note is that it can smell abit "engine like" in the cabin if I have the air vents open but less so if I have it on re-circulate.

Any idea's ?

Just a thought, and definitely worth a check..... in the passenger footwell where the passengers right foot is adjacent to the centre console, you should find a plastic screw or push stud. remove this (behind this panel is where the pollen filter is located)and check whether there is in fact a pollen filter fitted....it has been known for unscrupulous mechanics to remove them to prevent the condensation caused by a dirty one....then you can get engine smells encroach the cabin....a new filter would be cheap fix if this is your problem. Sounds plausible as you say you find the smells less intrusive when on recirculate.

Hi,

I have a 56 plate Fusion 1.4 TDCI Zetec (35k miles) which I've had for about 2 1/2 months and over the last few days I've started hearing an odd noise like compressed air when under moderate to harsh acceleration. It usually only occurs when I'm already doing about 40+ mph. If I just cruise then it seems okay.

I doesn't feel like it's loosing power and there isn't any black smoke that I can see. I took it back to the garage and they said that checked the pipes but couldn't find any problems. I'm hoping it isn't the turbo as I don't think it's covered under warranty. One other thing to note is that it can smell abit "engine like" in the cabin if I have the air vents open but less so if I have it on re-circulate.

Any idea's ?

Sounds like it could be the injector seals. When they go, you get a kind of hissing noise and a smell of exhaust fumes in the cabin.

Sounds like it could be the injector seals. When they go, you get a kind of hissing noise and a smell of exhaust fumes in the cabin.

yeh i agree with claxxon on the injector seals if the cabin filter is there, when my injector seals went there was really bad smell of fumes in the cabin and nearly ended up having to go to hospital at one point.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club