Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Car

DAM13N

I havent been on this for a while in the mean time i have sold my Mk1 Zetec and have upgraded to Mk1.5 Ghia...

Just Thought i'd Show it off in all its glory!!!

Damien

post-11012-127775769106_thumb.jpg

Main diffrence is the indicators are now in the headlight cluster instead of in the bumper, later models came with the TDCI engines.

what is the difference between mk1 and mk1.5?

Mainly the indicators from the bumpers are re-located in the headlight and the front fogs are a little bit different. mine is the TDCI superb dont think i would go back to petrol although I do miss the ROAR from petrol engines.

Mainly the indicators from the bumpers are re-located in the headlight and the front fogs are a little bit different. mine is the TDCI superb dont think i would go back to petrol although I do miss the ROAR from petrol engines.

I was really REALLY thinking about upgrading to a ghia 115bhp tdci early next year due to wanting the trip computer, working heated leathers etc etc and mostly for the bit more shove.

Mind if i ask a few prying questions about this model :P

Hows the insurance on it? lol daft question because id be 19 with 3 points woo :blink: then again there group 7 mines a 6 hmm

How is it to drive just wondering with it having the softer set up over my zetec derived edge

Is the climate control any good? lol

Mike

I havent been on this for a while in the mean time i have sold my Mk1 Zetec and have upgraded to Mk1.5 Ghia...

Just Thought i'd Show it off in all its glory!!!

Damien

Nice car but u cant beat BLACK! :) . I would only ever buy a car in black as i think it stands out more when its all polished up.

I was really REALLY thinking about upgrading to a ghia 115bhp tdci early next year due to wanting the trip computer, working heated leathers etc etc and mostly for the bit more shove.

Mind if i ask a few prying questions about this model :P

Hows the insurance on it? lol daft question because id be 19 with 3 points woo :blink: then again there group 7 mines a 6 hmm

How is it to drive just wondering with it having the softer set up over my zetec derived edge

Is the climate control any good? lol

Mike

Mike

I've only had this about 2 months now and I honestly can not knock, I had a MK1 zetec 1.6 before and its a different class of driving. Insurance I'm 20 years old with 3 points and it works out at £1000 a year (fully comp) which isn't too bad compared to my mates 106 1.1 or a Cilo 1.2 and they pay in excess of £1000 and on 3rd party.

Mine is the 115BHP TDCI the power is there when you need it, even doing 70/80 on the motorway and if you need it the turbo kicks in a well you've gone. The suspension is deffo a softer set-up, which is comfortable can not fault it. Climate control set it to a temperature and it stays at that.

in the hot weather we having at the moment its not the best, you put it at the lowest temp and its still too hot, but that's were AIR CON comes in I suppose. All in all mate I think its superb, not a bad looking car in fact my old man has a 59 plate zetec 1.8 petrol and I don't like it, neither does my old man he wants to trade it in for a diesel.

Mk 1.5 nimble, safe and efficient...

Damien

Mike

I've only had this about 2 months now and I honestly can not knock, I had a MK1 zetec 1.6 before and its a different class of driving. Insurance I'm 20 years old with 3 points and it works out at £1000 a year (fully comp) which isn't too bad compared to my mates 106 1.1 or a Cilo 1.2 and they pay in excess of £1000 and on 3rd party.

Mine is the 115BHP TDCI the power is there when you need it, even doing 70/80 on the motorway and if you need it the turbo kicks in a well you've gone. The suspension is deffo a softer set-up, which is comfortable can not fault it. Climate control set it to a temperature and it stays at that.

in the hot weather we having at the moment its not the best, you put it at the lowest temp and its still too hot, but that's were AIR CON comes in I suppose. All in all mate I think its superb, not a bad looking car in fact my old man has a 59 plate zetec 1.8 petrol and I don't like it, neither does my old man he wants to trade it in for a diesel.

Mk 1.5 nimble, safe and efficient...

Damien

Bloomin hell what insurance company are u with?? :o Im 23 years old with a clean licence and im paying £1650 a year 3rd party fire and theft on a X reg 1.8 Zetec Focus. :( . That was by far the cheapest on all the compare sites and its with Quinn direct.

I was trying to get a 2.2 litre Vecta sri but they wouldnt even quote me a price and the few that did were at least £2500 :blink: . Hope it goes down after my first full year of driving.

R diesels cheaper to insure?? Ive just never fancied one as there normally slower accelerating and sound terrible. U cant beat the roar of a powerful petrol engine. My dads got a 2.5 V6 Mondeo Zetec.S and u should hear the growl off the V6 when accelerating.

Bloomin hell what insurance company are u with?? :o Im 23 years old with a clean licence and im paying £1650 a year 3rd party fire and theft on a X reg 1.8 Zetec Focus. :( . That was by far the cheapest on all the compare sites and its with Quinn direct.

I was trying to get a 2.2 litre Vecta sri but they wouldnt even quote me a price and the few that did were at least £2500 :blink: . Hope it goes down after my first full year of driving.

R diesels cheaper to insure?? Ive just never fancied one as there normally slower accelerating and sound terrible. U cant beat the roar of a powerful petrol engine. My dads got a 2.5 V6 Mondeo Zetec.S and u should hear the growl off the V6 when accelerating.

Disels are as fast as if not faster than most petrol cars in gear as in 30-60 but yeah tbh they sound chod lol my dads got the 3.0 st220 and bugger me sideways that thing lets u no its coming.

On the vectra front though there expensive the astra 1.8 16v is just about as fast but cheaper to insure and buy not that i ever considered a vectra being only 19 :rolleyes: COUGH yeah anyway ... how is ur insurance so high for me right this second on my policy to change my 1.6 over to a 115bhp 1.8tdci ghia it would be 1600 with 3 points and 1yrs no claims with all this in my 1.6 edge (group 6 the ghia tdci is group 7) its 950 odd quid a year.

Cheers damien the ghia really is on my "test drive" list when my 2year thing has cleared up on my licence long with the astra coupe chances are il buy the vauxhall then 6months later trade it in for a ford .. lol

Mike

1.8 1999 Zetec, 1 years NCB, Age 21, £780 3rd Party, Fire & Theft or £990 Fully Comp'

1.8 1999 Zetec, 1 years NCB, Age 21, £780 3rd Party, Fire & Theft or £990 Fully Comp'

What insurance are both of u fella's with?? By the way I live in Liverpool Which is probably 2nd highest behing London?? for car insurance seems as people like robbing cars and joyriding so much in my city :angry: .

Disels are as fast as if not faster than most petrol cars in gear as in 30-60 but yeah tbh they sound chod lol my dads got the 3.0 st220 and bugger me sideways that thing lets u no its coming.

On the vectra front though there expensive the astra 1.8 16v is just about as fast but cheaper to insure and buy not that i ever considered a vectra being only 19 :rolleyes: COUGH yeah anyway ... how is ur insurance so high for me right this second on my policy to change my 1.6 over to a 115bhp 1.8tdci ghia it would be 1600 with 3 points and 1yrs no claims with all this in my 1.6 edge (group 6 the ghia tdci is group 7) its 950 odd quid a year.

Cheers damien the ghia really is on my "test drive" list when my 2year thing has cleared up on my licence long with the astra coupe chances are il buy the vauxhall then 6months later trade it in for a ford .. lol

Mike

As for the Vectra I had the chance to buy the Sri on a 53 plate for £3800 private in BLACK and it was styled like the VXR. But then i got the insurance quote. :( . And settled for the focus. They really are cheap to buy and cheaper than the Mondeo with the same spec. Look at this vid of one on youtube. It looked like this but in BLACK.

They look the part and are a real head turner.

What insurance are both of u fella's with?? By the way I live in Liverpool Which is probably 2nd highest behing London?? for car insurance seems as people like robbing cars and joyriding so much in my city :angry: .

Admiral multy car my saving grace lol more cars in ur househole the bigger the dicsounts love it! also cheaper for my parents cars aswell (1.8 mondeo and the st220)

Mike

I was thinking more a dark blue gsi or a 2.0t sri in dark blue a proper police sleeper car, throw some hi-vis on the parcel shelf who will know? WOO lol

Admiral multy car my saving grace lol more cars in ur househole the bigger the dicsounts love it! also cheaper for my parents cars aswell (1.8 mondeo and the st220)

Mike

thanx. Must be wear i live as i got quoted £2000 by both of them so i had to settle with Quinn Direct who seem shady but undercut everyone else on the compare sites.

Jesus Lads & Ladies!!

i thought my insurance was bad!! im with Admiral i could have the option to go on the Multi-car with my parents however that just shoots it right up and not even worth considering.

My Specs:

20 Years Old, 3 Years Driving, "No" No Claims, 3 Points and it works out at 1058 and some pence.

Like I said I had a Mk1 1.6 Zetec... Really a outstanding car, Perky Looks attractive and I do agree with you all the ROAR of Petrol is so much more fun, than a Diesel... But beggars can not be choosers I do miss my MK1 it was Immaculate, but My new diesel is sooo Much Better, the performance is superb... and fuel economy is great, to be fair I do not need a diesel but I had the chance to upgrade at such a fraction of a price, I mean a MK1.5 with one elderly lady owner, 28K & F/F/S/H i would of been mad to turn it down.. lol cost me 1000k to upgrade really and insurance was like 70 quid more...

End of this Month my insurance is up, and elephant.co.uk looks the cheapest this year...

Has anyone tried SKY Insurance?

Damien

Jesus Lads & Ladies!!

i thought my insurance was bad!! im with Admiral i could have the option to go on the Multi-car with my parents however that just shoots it right up and not even worth considering.

My Specs:

20 Years Old, 3 Years Driving, "No" No Claims, 3 Points and it works out at 1058 and some pence.

Like I said I had a Mk1 1.6 Zetec... Really a outstanding car, Perky Looks attractive and I do agree with you all the ROAR of Petrol is so much more fun, than a Diesel... But beggars can not be choosers I do miss my MK1 it was Immaculate, but My new diesel is sooo Much Better, the performance is superb... and fuel economy is great, to be fair I do not need a diesel but I had the chance to upgrade at such a fraction of a price, I mean a MK1.5 with one elderly lady owner, 28K & F/F/S/H i would of been mad to turn it down.. lol cost me 1000k to upgrade really and insurance was like 70 quid more...

End of this Month my insurance is up, and elephant.co.uk looks the cheapest this year...

Has anyone tried SKY Insurance?

Damien

:blink: Im 3 years older than u and i pay about £600 more a year than u. :wacko: Surely it should be lower for me than what your paying as im 3 years older.? It has to be based alot on where u live as i say im in one of the worst places in England lol.

my mate got quoted 8k for his mp3 edtion including mods such as a rs front bumper CHAVVV sorry that one sliped out lol, area does play a big factor if i insured the car at my nans house down south my insurance would be 150 odd quid cheaper its discusting! where i live is full of old fuddys and as proof i forgot to lock my car 1 night and it was still there the next evening (not on purpouse im just thick).

Whats ur job aswell mines high because im a student it should also go down again in febuary because hopefully il still have my licence and il be out of my 6points max period.

Mike

Swinton. Had insurance with Quinn Direct once, They were pretty good with a claim I made when someone rear-ended my Astra.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club