Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga randomly loses power

ARK

Hello, can anyone help. Our ford Kuga motors well but randomly without warning loses all power and coasts to a halt. Luckily we've  managed to coast to safety but it's harrowing. No computer code appears except "engine service required". Ford have checked it out and cannot find the problem.

6 hours ago, ARK said:

Kuga motors well but randomly without warning loses all power and coasts to a halt. Luckily we've  managed to coast to safety but it's harrowing. No computer code appears except "engine service required".

Hello Allan, it is very unusual for there not to be a stored DTC if the engine management light has been on. Assuming the car was looked at be a qualified Ford technician at a Ford dealership then I would guess that if they say there is no DTC stored then that must be true.

Probably the best thing to do is get the FORScan mobile app and use the recommended dongle which plugs in to the OBDII port. Then next time it happens do not switch off the ignition, just let the car coast to a stop as you have done before and then use the FORScan app to check for a DTC. If you do this while the 'engine service required' message is on the screen then there has to be a code.

FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

@ARK was yet another 'One Post Wonder'

Posted a question 27th April 2022 and never bothered to return.

I offer the exact same advice since you have the same problem. Use FORScan and check what Ford specific DTC's are stored.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unofix said:

@ARK was yet another 'One Post Wonder'

Posted a question 27th April 2022 and never bothered to return.

I hate that, it's like a child ringing the doorbell to get the owners attention, then running off down the street and hiding!

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club