Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Poor Idle & Stall - the saga continues

hazbaz1984

So on the below is the blue item and red item 2 different components? If so the car doesn’t have the valve to begin with! (Red I think) Also if so the PVC valve I have would not fit over the blue squared item?

the pipe is ok just the valve confusion now. 

thanks 

2264C67C-613E-4745-B235-0F2CE6DCD2FF.jpeg

1 hour ago, PureStrength said:

@TomsFocus cheers for that, would you know if either be used? It looked like the metal fitment was none removable but I will check again when I get the time.

Thank You 

They look interchangeable, but the securing ring is different.  It's a rubber one for the plastic fitting so not a straight swap if you've got the wrong one.

1 hour ago, PureStrength said:

So on the below is the blue item and red item 2 different components? If so the car doesn’t have the valve to begin with! (Red I think) Also if so the PVC valve I have would not fit over the blue squared item?

the pipe is ok just the valve confusion now. 

thanks 

2264C67C-613E-4745-B235-0F2CE6DCD2FF.jpeg

Thanks you @TomsFocus would you have any advice on the above? I’m uncertain if the valve and ring on red actually produce blue? Or is that the attachment lol 

thanks again BTW I apologise for my lack of knowledge. 

3 minutes ago, PureStrength said:

Thanks you @TomsFocus would you have any advice on the above? I’m uncertain if the valve and ring on red actually produce blue? Or is that the attachment lol 

thanks again BTW I apologise for my lack of knowledge. 

I quoted & replied without seeing your next post. And then doubted myself when I read it haha!  So have just checked to confirm, red and blue are separate parts.  Blue is part of that plastic box, not available separately.  Red is the valve, which is either metal or plastic depending on year.

Can't copy photos easily on the mobile but if you look at the second pic on this eBay ad it shows the blue part.  The red part is either of the two I pictured in the earlier post.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393457836309?

No problem at all regarding lack of knowledge...you'll definitely have learnt something by the end of all this! :laugh:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I quoted & replied without seeing your next post. And then doubted myself when I read it haha!  So have just checked to confirm, red and blue are separate parts.  Blue is part of that plastic box, not available separately.  Red is the valve, which is either metal or plastic depending on year.

Can't copy photos easily on the mobile but if you look at the second pic on this eBay ad it shows the blue part.  The red part is either of the two I pictured in the earlier post.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393457836309?

No problem at all regarding lack of knowledge...you'll definitely have learnt something by the end of all this! :laugh:

Your not wrong lol 😂

jeez now I am confused, I going to have to try grab a photo at some point. Mines nothing like that, it looks like the metal breather valve. After all this it could just be that it’s stuck maybe??

oh man.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club