Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TDCiST’s… “Not So TDCi” Mk4 Focus ST… Petrol!!

TDCiST

Yes you read the title correctly… the Diesel Mad bloke with the TDCi obsession has gone Petrol!

As with the last car thread, this isn't a project thread, as I'm not planning on doing too much to it! But I do have some small things planned for the car, so will use this to keep everyone updated!

The things include:

• Mountune M330 Remap
  • Mountune Panel Filter
  • Some Colour Coding, or rather Carbon Effect Details dotted around the interior and exterior
  • Maxton Or TripleRComposites front splitter
  • Carbon Badges all round
  • Hydraulic Bonnet Struts
  • CEUK LED Extreme Indicator Lamps (Rear)
  • Forum Sticker! - Arrived... Yet to Fit!
  • Climate on Sync
  • Many Forscan Tweaks…
    • Launch Control
    • Rev Matching - Still under investigation!
    • ST Shift light
    • Headlight "Bambi Mode" (Fogs and High Beams work together for more light)
    • Auto Lock at 12mph (ish)
  • Full Two Stage Polish and G-Techniq Ceramic Coat
  • Exhaust Tips... Probably Carbon Effect!

That’s it for now, the car is staying with me for a while (I hope at least longer than the last!!)! So there’s plenty of time for all this to happen.

So to add to the history, carrying on from before...

First Ford I owned, was a 1.4CVH Fiesta Freestyle... First Car, did me well for 3 years! 

My Second was the Mk1.5 Focus Edge 1.8TDCi 115.. I owned her for 8 years in total! 

Had ST170 Cosmetics (Lower Grille with TDCi badge on, Headlights, Foglights), colour coded front grille surround, Twin Reverse Light Conversion, De Badged, Mondeo ST Rear badge.

Dragon CRDII Tuning Box, gained about 10bhp and 40lbft! I know not as good as a map, but we all make rookie mistakes when young lol!

K&N Panel Filter.

I had some ST170 alloys too, that i bought about a month before things went horribly horribly wrong, and ended up On the hard shoulder of the A1 for a few hours… with what was essentially a very expensive paperweight!

Loved this car, still do! I hope whoever bought it at the auction does her proud, and makes a nice little project from her!

The next car, which was bought as a replacement when the 1.8 blew up on the side of the A1 was my Focus Mk2.5 1.6TDCi 110 Zetec S, She has a K&N 57s filter, carbon wrapped front bonnet lip, carbon badges all round, custom Zetec S door sills, twin reverse light conversion, S badges all round, footwell lighting, among some other bits. 

I never got round to remapping this one, or adding cruise control!

Sadly she’s become uneconomical to repair after the MOT, and with some other bits that needed doing, and an electrical fault that was impossible to find!

It caused the headlights to flash on their own, the temp gauge to swing around like a kid in a playground, and numerous weird things with my dashcam and the traction control being almost super sensitive!

Add everything together that needs doing, and it was time for it to go!

Then came the Focus mk3.5 TDCi ST... which I had for 18 months before someone took a liking to the rear end on the A1… caused £18k worth of damage… and wrote the car off for me! You can see the last project thread for that one if you search hard enough!

Fast forward 3 years, through a “temporary” (which turned much more permanent as the weeks went on) car of my mums old 2005 Ford Fusion… added to Covid, and the industry I work in on its knees… and we come to today!

I am pleased to introduce you all to… TDCiST’s Mk4 Focus ST (I’m clinging onto the fact there’s a Mondeo ST TDCi in the family to keep the username!!!!) decent picture will follow…

BDF906E9-44FB-45DA-93C4-604213CFE892.thumb.jpeg.762010363420d3adc11506c2d7dbf151.jpeg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, TDCiST said:

Diesel Mad bloke with the TDCi obsession has gone Petrol!

My advice would be get a loyalty card for the petrol station..

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

My advice would be get a loyalty card for the petrol station..

Luckily I have a Costco card and a Costco petrol station nearby!! 

I’m doing 30mpg at the mo, realise the car will be out compared to real world calcs from fill ups… but I’ll be happy with anything between 28-32mpg. I’ve hardly been driving gently either lol

8 minutes ago, TDCiST said:

Luckily I have a Costco card and a Costco petrol station nearby!! 

I’m doing 30mpg at the mo, realise the car will be out compared to real world calcs from fill ups… but I’ll be happy with anything between 28-32mpg. I’ve hardly been driving gently either lol

30 is what I average.

29 through winter, 31 through summer, pretty consistent.

Hoping for 35 on my road trip though....

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

30 is what I average.

29 through winter, 31 through summer, pretty consistent.

Hoping for 35 on my road trip though....

I can well believe at 70mph on the motorway, you should easily see 35mpg. 
just seeing how the instant MPG sits when cruising at 70 with gentle throttle, it’s pretty impressive for a big lump tbh… 

I just like the noise to much to not push the pedal all the way to the floor lol

• Like 1

Simple quick update today!

Climate Controls now displaying on Sync!

home screen also features the Heated seats and Steering wheel buttons too!

A7D7235A-680E-46DF-86D6-249D5715A85E.thumb.jpeg.2d3dd9cc2d9c872e1e25e1c012408100.jpeg

22 minutes ago, TDCiST said:

Simple quick update today!

Climate Controls now displaying on Sync!

home screen also features the Heated seats and Steering wheel buttons too!

A7D7235A-680E-46DF-86D6-249D5715A85E.thumb.jpeg.2d3dd9cc2d9c872e1e25e1c012408100.jpeg

Are the controls round the correct way for driver and passenger? I've read of issues with that before on Sync 3.

39 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Are the controls round the correct way for driver and passenger? I've read of issues with that before on Sync 3.

They certainly are correct! The screen buttons mirror the dash buttons perfectly!!

• Like 3

Bonnet lifter struts and CEUK LED rear indicators ordered today!

it’s also been booked in for a full paint restoration machine polish (as the last owner clearly loved a car wash!! So many swirls!!) and GTechniq ceramic coat… including interior protection too! Should keep it nice and shiny for a while!

7 hours ago, TDCiST said:

Bonnet lifter struts and CEUK LED rear indicators ordered today!

it’s also been booked in for a full paint restoration machine polish (as the last owner clearly loved a car wash!! So many swirls!!) and GTechniq ceramic coat… including interior protection too! Should keep it nice and shiny for a while!

TBH the black is nice but marks so easy and be prepared for dust and plenty wiping to get rid of it. How much does the restoration and machine polish cost? I guess it would depend on the state of it.

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

TBH the black is nice but marks so easy and be prepared for dust and plenty wiping to get rid of it. How much does the restoration and machine polish cost? I guess it would depend on the state of it.

I won’t get much change from 4 figures for the lot…

I would imagine with the state my paintwork is in, it’s probably 2 days to wash/decon/machine polish… so I reckon that’s gotta be £250 or so

45 minutes ago, TDCiST said:

I won’t get much change from 4 figures for the lot…

I would imagine with the state my paintwork is in, it’s probably 2 days to wash/decon/machine polish… so I reckon that’s gotta be £250 or so

That is not too bad it will be worth it and will look amazing afterwards 😀

5 hours ago, F0CUE said:

That is not too bad it will be worth it and will look amazing afterwards 😀

It will indeed! I’ll try do some before/after and maybe some during if they don’t mind me popping round while they are doing it!

• Like 1

Been having more of a Forscan Fiddle today… ST shift light has been activated, so in sport mode I now get the flashing “ST” on the rev counter at about 6k, and I believe I have enabled Launch Control too. But I’m yet to test it.

DEE60FCC-AE08-4274-9850-F23B2255BACF.thumb.jpeg.bf8d9eb16f8ac5a865c3150669c86c48.jpeg

I found a setting for engine rev matching, however I don’t seem to be able to turn it on, and just the menu shows on the settings… and a checkbox that can’t be selected!

this one may take some more investigation and fiddling!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TDCiST said:

Been having more of a Forscan Fiddle today… ST shift light has been activated, so in sport mode I now get the flashing “ST” on the rev counter at about 6k, and I believe I have enabled Launch Control too. But I’m yet to test it.

DEE60FCC-AE08-4274-9850-F23B2255BACF.thumb.jpeg.bf8d9eb16f8ac5a865c3150669c86c48.jpeg

I found a setting for engine rev matching, however I don’t seem to be able to turn it on, and just the menu shows on the settings… and a checkbox that can’t be selected!

this one may take some more investigation and fiddling!!

I assume yours didn’t come with the performance pack then?

Launch control might need something programmed to the pcm too. 

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Nope sadly not…

that was my thoughts too! For both!

I can confirm… launch control works!!

Just the rev matching to work out now!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 7:40 PM, alexp999 said:

Speaking to someone who has cracked the Engine Rev Matching... they are doing a Forscan Guide on how to enable it, and then I should be all good!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Productive day today, bonnet struts fitted, and CEUK extreme led indicators fitted to the back!

rear light clusters are a pain to get out first time!!! But once one was done, nice and easy for the second!

• Like 1

The Jubilee Weekend was met with a few discounts from a couple of places...

See the source image

So... Mountune M330 map ordered, as well as a high flow panel filter... Will be fitted and mapped as soon as it arrives hopefully!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Car is in for its ceramic coat now!

will post some pics when I get it back!

She’s back and my god is she shiny!

FB9C529E-A24D-4279-9397-AD6C25BE0740.thumb.jpeg.ef66ca094b9bbf7f22b9e8f5e7f7e337.jpeg

83248E6B-230F-4CF1-897E-07A9D8AB9655.thumb.jpeg.4875873da8bb15211de0257248373a7c.jpeg

• Like 7

Mountune M330 Remap installed yesterday!

Blimey, what a difference!

1st and 2nd can be a bit hit and miss with it, with tyres fighting for grip if its a bit damp...

3rd and 4th are just awesome, it pulls from around 1800-2000 ish right up to 6500!

Power is still delivered very smoothly, think of it as an OEM+, its how it should have left the factory in my eyes!

23 hours ago, TDCiST said:

Mountune M330 Remap installed yesterday!

Blimey, what a difference!

1st and 2nd can be a bit hit and miss with it, with tyres fighting for grip if its a bit damp...

3rd and 4th are just awesome, it pulls from around 1800-2000 ish right up to 6500!

Power is still delivered very smoothly, think of it as an OEM+, its how it should have left the factory in my eyes!

Nice I bet it feels amazing and I agree they should make them like that to keep up with the competitors. it's supposed to be the sporty version so why have it so limited when it's capable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Nice I bet it feels amazing and I agree they should make them like that to keep up with the competitors. it's supposed to be the sporty version so why have it so limited when it's capable.

Third and fourth just pull, the difference is insane. You can’t say the numbers quick enough as the needle moves past them lol

also… just so everyone knows that’s following me lol 

1A408CEC-551F-4CC2-85A9-4A12E1C75EA2.thumb.jpeg.65ae0f5b53cb3c9a6709d626f84bb2ac.jpeg

• Haha 2