Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Pass Applink discontinued

Nakdtrader

Recently bought a 22 plate focus st-line and was told my the dealer the fordconnect app wasn't working fully due to a technical problem but would be sorted soon.

Today got this message on the fordpass app:

Hi there, 

We'd just like to let you know that the current performance of all FordPass Applink features do not meet our expectations for your experience and therefore we will be discontinuing them in the near future: 

Some of the features are Vehicle health data (including Fuel Reports, Health Alerts, oil Level, Fuel Level, Milestones, Tyre Pressure, Odometer), Journeys, Send To Vehicle etc. 

If you are currently using Live traffic through Applink, you will receive a separate email in the future with information on changes happening to this service.

FordPass will continue to offer you access to all your account details and the ability to book a service online.

We understand you may have further questions. If you want to know more about those changes, please contact our helpful customer relations staff who will be happy to help you. 

This seems a bit drastic and it's annoying that these features will no longer be available. Can anybody shed any light on this? Does anybody have a new focus that works with ford connect? 

Cheers

I got this the other day. But mine says nothing about fuel, oil , etc being discontinued. 

I don’t use the features mentioned in my message. I do keep an eye on fuel levels, tyre pressure and oil life though. 

1F1AD7F1-9355-4173-B481-9CF0B6E29429.thumb.png.b91b4c439a45f8496d39efe6dce73404.png

Ok, it looks like the features you lose is going to depend on whether or not your car has a modem fitted.

If you have a modem you only lose the features I posted, so you'll still have fuel, oil, tyre, etc.

If you don't have a modem you lose all of that.

What basically seems to be happening is that Ford are re-working the app and getting rid of the phone to car data link.

In earlier cars you had Ford Applink and it sent oil life and other things through the phone to the app, this is ending afaik.

Later cars have a built in modem and upload their data directly to Ford servers and so this can stay. It still used your phone link for the Journeys feature and the other couple of things in the screenshot I posted, which is why this ends.

A 22 plate should have a built in modem, so you should have had the same message as me really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I got this the other day. But mine says nothing about fuel, oil , etc being discontinued. 

I don’t use the features mentioned in my message. I do keep an eye on fuel levels, tyre pressure and oil life though. 

1F1AD7F1-9355-4173-B481-9CF0B6E29429.thumb.png.b91b4c439a45f8496d39efe6dce73404.png

Exactly the same message that I got on my 2019 Focus.

5 hours ago, alexp999 said:

A 22 plate should have a built in modem, so you should have had the same message as me really.

I'm a bit confused to be honest, I've only had it 3 weeks and was never able to activate the car in the ford pass app. This is my message:

Screenshot_20220518-161128_FordPass.thumb.jpg.e823dcb3666d4728f341a974082950d6.jpg

The car definitely has a modem as it has a serial number against it in the settings info. It just doesnt seem to be active. For example, when I click on vehicle hotspot in sync,  it says it's been disabled. 

I've got a 19 plate fiesta with modem and everything works fine.

I'm wondering if it's not been configured properly?

6 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I had this same message! 

Ditto. But sadly my car doesn't have a modem, so I guess I'll be out of luck. Especially with the live traffic updates - not sure how that'll work without Applink.

9 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

This is where I was basing my info on modem or non modem. It’s an official Ford subdomain. 

https://fpcommunity.ford.com/t5/Chat/Some-FordPass-features-will-be-discontinued/td-p/658

Very interesting, my message didnt say that. I just don't think my car is set up correctly from factory.

"However if you have FordPass Connect  then you will still have these features"

I have fordpass connect, a modem but nothing works at the moment. Modem seems to be inactive. 

You know the way that folk throw away their smartphone after 3 years (often shorter) due to no more update support. Does this mean you'll be forced to chuck your new battery car in the bin long before the battery fails?? 🤣

• Haha 1