Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keys question

Oriskany

My 2006 Ka came with one key. I have obtained a copy key from a local shop that had one old-stock Ford key left with the built-in red transponder. (£10 all in). The key opens the door and boot and fits the ignition but of course does not start the car. Also - after trying the new key when you try the old key again for the first two tries it just doesn't start - worrying. Any ideas welcome please.

The key needs programming to the immobiliser system. Apparently it can be done via forscan software and an elm 327 adapter connected to laptop with forscan. 

But this forum section is for new member introductions really. Start a new thread in the Ka section for technical replys /advise. 

Oh and welcome to the forum. 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 4:44 PM, Oriskany said:

My 2006 Ka came with one key. I have obtained a copy key from a local shop that had one old-stock Ford key left with the built-in red transponder. (£10 all in). The key opens the door and boot and fits the ignition but of course does not start the car. Also - after trying the new key when you try the old key again for the first two tries it just doesn't start - worrying. Any ideas welcome please.

Hi welcome

Welcome to the club.

Aside I’d be interested to follow this just for my own info if forscan can code a key with red master missing (assuming at this age its a red key PATS)

3 hours ago, bantam_dave21 said:

if forscan can code a key with red master missing (assuming at this age its a red key PATS)

FORScan (with extended licence) can programme a key in to the car provided the car is 2013 or older.

The actual infamous 'Red' key which always went missing was abandoned by Ford in the late 1990's and replaced with the idea that all you needed was two working keys and then you could add a third, and a forth etc. Seemed an improvement but the problem was new vehicles were only supplied with two keys. So when the owner lost one they then couldn't programme in a replacement !!

• Like 1

Thanks @unofixgood info ref the magic date. If only my other car (Audi) was as easy 🤬

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club