Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk7.5 LED Guide

Joshmoore02

For anyone wanting to upgrade their external bulbs to LED in a mk7.5 Fiesta(2013-2017) here is a list of the major bulbs required.

Dipped beam=H7

High beam(if you have the LED DRL strip)=H1(for this you need to crimp a wire, watch a YouTube video)

Front Fog=H11

Front/Rear Indicator=PY21W(LED Indicators are ridiculously bright just a warning)

Number plate bulbs=W5W.

All of these can be bought from Autobeam or CEUK, I’d recommend Autobeam myself. Removing the headlights is a 10 minute job, 2 torx screws and 1 plastic clip screw(watch a yt video)

(if you want do the same on the mk7(no LED strip) I believe it’s a H15 bulb for both the high beam and DRL, but double check)

• Thanks 1

Make sure if you replace the dip beam bulb with LEDs to get the headlight readjusted as the led is a different light emitting geometry to the halogen and so moves the pattern, usually up.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Neb_engineer said:

Make sure if you replace the dip beam bulb with LEDs to get the headlight readjusted as the led is a different light emitting geometry to the halogen and so moves the pattern, usually up.

This is good advice, however if you install them with you car facing a wall or garage door you can see where the cut off point is so you can take before and after pictures and try and match it up using the headlight levelling. For me personally I didn’t have to adjust it at all with my H7 from CEUK.

On 5/21/2022 at 10:19 AM, Joshmoore02 said:

This is good advice, however if you install them with you car facing a wall or garage door you can see where the cut off point is so you can take before and after pictures and try and match it up using the headlight levelling. For me personally I didn’t have to adjust it at all with my H7 from CEUK.

The issue with that is when it comes to MOT, the do the test with the manual leveling set to its highest

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 11:54 PM, Neb_engineer said:

The issue with that is when it comes to MOT, the do the test with the manual leveling set to its highest

Unless you have a friendly MOT inspector retro-fitting LED or HID bulbs will now fail an MOT anyway. 

4.1.4 Headlamps - Compliance with requirements -  'Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.' 

However I don't know if that applies to fog lamps, or any other lamp. Actually a yellow light gives better visibility in heavy rain or fog. A white LED may not be the best in Fog.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim H said:

Unless you have a friendly MOT inspector retro-fitting LED or HID bulbs will now fail an MOT anyway. 

4.1.4 Headlamps - Compliance with requirements -  'Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.' 

However I don't know if that applies to fog lamps, or any other lamp. Actually a yellow light gives better visibility in heavy rain or fog. A white LED may not be the best in Fog.

I just took mine for an MOT,at a place I know very little about others Han recommendations about their quality of work, he passed it without any issues, if they are adjusted to the correct pattern, and the unit is OEM marked and e marked, then the mot testers isn't gonna check if it's had an led retro fit

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jim H said:

Autobeam make a “Switchback” one where by leaving them off for 5 seconds and then back on it changes the colour to yellow, and vice versa for white. I’m considering these, however they also do one that also acts as an indicator which I like as it won’t be as blinding as the LED headlamp indicators.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone had any joy fitting the Autobeam H1 mini LED main beam?

7 hours ago, E5AUX said:

Anyone had any joy fitting the Autobeam H1 mini LED main beam?

To a fiesta mk7.5? Do you have the DRL strip? If you do H1 is correct, I have fitted the full H1 Main beam fits in no issues without use of an extended cap, only one you need extended cap for is for the dipped beam.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club