Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine cover // which MK?

emilykett_

Hi all,

I have a Ford Fiesta zetec 1.1l 18 plate manual and I’m facing a couple of queries. 

I went to get my car valued the other day and the guy asked me if I had an engine cover, which isn’t something I actually ever realised before I was missing! I was wondering if there are any other fiestas that don’t seem to have them or if I was just sold a car originally without one? I’ve had it 2 years with one previous owner and I can’t personally recall ever seeing a cover on it. 

Also I’m having a hard time trying to work out which mark it is. I want to say it is a MK8 but I’m not 100% convinced? I can’t seem to find it anywhere written in any of my paperwork or in my log book/manual nor written around the car. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Emily 

It’s known as a mk8, probably didn’t have an engine cover, check similar cars on eBay or autotrader to confirm.

• Thanks 1

In some places it will be referred to as mk vii (Roman numeral 7). As uk numbers the marks of fiesta differently to some other places. Mk8 in general uk terminology. 

• Thanks 1

2018 definitely Mk 8 in the UK. Don't know of engine covers being fitted to any Mk 8 as standard, but the threaded holes for the mountings are there (at least on the Ecoboost versions) if you want to fit one yourself as some of us have done.

IMG_20190610_131818_hdr.jpg

18 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

2018 definitely Mk 8 in the UK. Don't know of engine covers being fitted to any Mk 8 as standard, but the threaded holes for the mountings are there (at least on the Ecoboost versions) if you want to fit one yourself as some of us have done.

IMG_20190610_131818_hdr.jpg

The Wife's Mk8 St Line X Mhev 155 has the engine cover fitted as standard from new.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

The Wife's St Line X Mhev 155 had / has the engine cover fitted as standard from new.

Lol, I was going to add "apart from the mhev"** but as the OPs is a 2018, didn't.😀

That said, I think I've seen a post somewhere where an mhev had turned up without one, either?

(Edit: plus the ST of course which has a similar layout.)

Engine cover was dropped on the MHEVs fairly early on...mine doesn't have one, built early 2021.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

mine doesn't have one,

Lol good to know my memory's still working, despite having Covid at the mo!😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol good to know my memory's still working, despite having Covid at the mo!😀

Oh dear, hope any symptoms are mild and short lived!

But yep, good memory, I barely even mentioned how unpleasant the noise is from it while cruising even at 30 without an engine cover!  Well, maybe once or twice... :whistling:

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

hope any symptoms are mild and short lived!

Thanks, Tom. Yes, as mentioned on the "Covid vaccine" etc, thread, felt pretty cr*p for a couple of days, but really no worse than a really bad cold, thanks mainly I reckon to Astra Zeneca and Pfizer jabs!  Now just need those pesky red lines to disappear from the lateral flow tests then we're good to go.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Engine cover was dropped on the MHEVs fairly early on...mine doesn't have one, built early 2021.  

Hers was December 2020.

• Like 1

Every Fiesta built has an engine cover, it's called the bonnet. 😉

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club