Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Top Gun - Maverick

StephenFord

Got to watch it this morning. I'm of an age where I remember seeing the original Top Gun in 1986 queuing up at a cinema! For those that have seen the original, this is an unusual sequel in that it is equally if not better than the first one. In addition, made all the better by employing proper flying sequences rather than awful CGI cr*p.

If you are going to see it, best to watch the original first as there are many references to it in the new one which you'll miss out on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

If you are going to see it, best to watch the original first

If everyone else is anything like me, they'll have watched it hundreds of times! l've still got a copy on my recorder for an occasional fix! 

Looking forward to seeing the new one!

• Thanks 1

Shhhhhhh no spoilers please its downloading now haha

1 minute ago, Jimpster said:

Shhhhhhh no spoilers please its downloading now haha

Aahhh, a man after my own heart - watching in your own living room with no external general public noise, enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Aahhh, a man after my own heart - watching in your own living room with no external general public noise, enjoy!

it better be good after ALL the hype, 55" and 5.1 with extra bass, good job dennis next door is relatively deaf. 

49 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

it better be good after ALL the hype, 55" and 5.1 with extra bass, good job dennis next door is relatively deaf. 

Hype on this one is thoroughly deserved...

• Like 1

No not watched Maverick yet, started watching Liverpool-Milan. Decided to put a film on, went with Dune 2021, yes a fantastic spectacle but, 2.5hrs and it just ends with Jessica and Paul being accepted by the Fremen, so only 1/3 of the way thru the originals timeline, i hate it when that happens.

Not really my bag, not even sure I've watched the original all the way through, though I have seen bits of it.  Have seen another decent film with Tom Cruise flying planes, something to do with drugs in South America?  Can't remember the name of it though!

Did watch the 'new' (2019) Charlies Angels last night, thought that was pretty good tbh... :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Have seen another decent film with Tom Cruise flying planes, something to do with drugs in South America?  Can't remember the name of it though!

Did watch the 'new' (2019) Charlies Angels last night, thought that was pretty good tbh... :laugh:

That'll be 'American Made' yes, another good movie, it's dreadfully unfair for one man to have so much talent! Tom, I use to watch the original Charlies Angels on TV, and had a great poster of Farah Fawcett on my childhood bedroom wall! (In an amazing one piece red swimsuit, yes, that had quite an effect on me LOL)

EDIT

Just 'googled' it, aahhh, yes, fond memories LOL

farrah.jpg

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club