Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP! 2003 FORD FOCUS 1.6 Zetec SE VIBRATIONS

Matthew Cain

Got an issue with engine vibrations inside the car, you can really feel it at 2k revs through steering wheel. Higher the revs the more consistent it gets.

Engine itself is running as normal, no EML, no decrease in MPG, no smoke, no abnormal noises, no power loss etc.

This issue happened all of a sudden, felt I came to a stop at a red light on my way to work and could feel a slight judder in clutch on hillstarts only, initially I thought it was just a clutch judder but further investigation cancelled that out.

Have replaced all motor and gearbox mounts

It's definitely inertia from the engine running, but when I press clutch in it doesn't go away or get worse so to me that cancelled out any problems with clutch or flywheel.

Front Subframe is in good condition, all bushes are OK, all gears work as normal, no missing nuts or bolts anywhere, brand new mounts.

Checked oil and its nice and clean, no signs of any metal particles.

Any ideas? Thanks 

Edited by Matthew Cain
Extra info

52 minutes ago, Matthew Cain said:

Got an issue with engine vibrations inside the car, you can really feel it at 2k revs through steering wheel. Higher the revs the more consistent it gets.

Engine itself is running as normal, no EML, no decrease in MPG, no smoke, no abnormal noises, no power loss etc.

This issue happened all of a sudden, felt I came to a stop at a red light on my way to work and could feel a slight judder in clutch on hillstarts only, initially I thought it was just a clutch judder but further investigation cancelled that out.

Have replaced all motor and gearbox mounts

It's definitely inertia from the engine running, but when I press clutch in it doesn't go away or get worse so to me that cancelled out any problems with clutch or flywheel.

Front Subframe is in good condition, all bushes are OK, all gears work as normal, no missing nuts or bolts anywhere, brand new mounts.

Checked oil and its nice and clean, no signs of any metal particles.

Any ideas? Thanks 

my old car did something similar with no code, it was misfiring. one of my cylinder was losing compression.

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

my old car did something similar with no code, it was misfiring. one of my cylinder was losing compression.

Would have thought it'd be running a bit more lumpy and a loss of power if it was a compression issue.

Might look at getting a compression test done just in case.

Thanks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matthew Cain said:

Would have thought it'd be running a bit more lumpy and a loss of power if it was a compression issue.

Might look at getting a compression test done just in case.

Thanks

yeah that was what i thought it would do too but mine was driving just fine. 

• Like 1

Check the oil for silver magic dust! Silver magic dust say yes.....new engine time!!

19 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

Check the oil for silver magic dust! Silver magic dust say yes.....new engine time!!

Already checked the oil and its very clean, especially since it done 10k miles since last service a year ago 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club