Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gem module

wees
聽Share

do you have to program or configurate a gem module if you will chance it for an exact the same partnumber.

The problem is that my remote control doesn't work, the key gives a good signal tested by the dealer, tried to configurate it according the service manual, but the last beep doesn't come when you press a button, the problem must be then in the receiver I think.

Hope that someone here can help me.馃檪

the GEM might not be bad, try recoding with Forscan, rewrite the key to the car see if it solves it.

thanks for your answer, with forscan I reset the gem and everything was OK, can't configurate it because have no access, but how do you rewite the key to the car

46 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

thru the pats system once youve erased they stored keys from the cluster, then they can be rewritten dont forget to configure or all will be for naught, hope that sorts you out

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14004

ok thanks I will try

• Like 1

You need FORScan with the 'Extended License' to be able to programme keys in to the PATS system

that's the problem I don't have that license, so i have to go to a dealer to programme the keys.

Thanks you all.

you can still extend the licence am sure someone posted up how or did it recently.

thanks , but do I need that for to programme the remote only聽 the car start normal, everything works manual, it just not work with remote.

thanks a lot馃槉聽let you know asap

• Like 1

You don't need the extended licence if it is just the remote keyfob that you need to programme for locking and unlocking the doors.

You used to be able to get a free 60 day extended licence trial period, I'm not sure if that is still available at the moment due to FORScan being a Russian product.

ok thanks, but if you program the keys you program the complete key with the start transponder as well or you can just reprogram the remote for the central locking.

The transponder chip is only for the security system, known as PATS. It has nothing to do with the door locking/unlocking.

The programming of the keyfob for the door locks is a separate thing.

ok and that's posible in forscan program only the keyfob.

Thanks for the info.

It is possible to programme the keyfob for locking and unlocking just by following the instructions below:

01.JPG

02.JPG

I tried this several times but when I press one of the buttons it doesn't give a beep, the keyfob is tested by the dealer and gives a good signal, that's why the only thing left is the gem module, but if there's is no way to program the keyfob by forscan then it's not necessary to have it.

forscan or ELM config will both code keys

2 hours ago, wees said:

but if there's is no way to program the keyfob by forscan then it's not necessary to have it.

You do know that FORScan is free ?

Even the 60 trial extended licence is free.

• Like 1

I have forscan for Windows 10 and yes I know the 2 months trial is for free, but do I need forscan to program only the keyfob that's my question or is it possible to program the keyfob with forscan.

you code the keys to the cluster how ever how many you need, then you do the initialisation and that binds the keys to the car via the PATS system. the car will then sense the key in the ignition and allow you to start it, it will also allow you to use the buttons to open, lock, or tailgate only.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

you code the keys to the cluster how ever how many you need, then you do the initialisation and that binds the keys to the car via the PATS system. the car will then sense the key in the ignition and allow you to start it, it will also allow you to use the buttons to open, lock, or tailgate only.

I'm beginning to suspect that both you and I are just been wound up by 'Robert'. We have both answered the same question over and over and it seems zero progress is being made.

• Like 1

Without offence to "Robert" there have been a number of posts recently either designed to wind members up or for want of a better way of putting it, how in h e l l s name do these people manage to breathe LOL

Theres also those that CANNOT be told or just wont listen

Half a rant over.

• Like 2

I really tanks both of you for all the info, next week I will get an other key and then I will program both of them like Jimpster said, thanks for being patient with my question, asap I will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2-6-2022 at 09:17, Jimpster said:

Zonder aanstoot te geven aan "Robert" zijn er recentelijk een aantal berichten geplaatst om leden op te winden of bij gebrek aan een betere manier om het te zeggen, hoe slagen deze mensen er in godsnaam in om te ademen LOL

Er zijn ook mensen die NIET verteld kunnen worden of gewoon niet willen luisteren

Een halve rant voorbij.

Hi, hereby the result of what i did.

1, Went to the dealer to check my keyfob again, result, signal is strong.

2, Connect the elm327 and run a DTC test, result, in the RCM code B1342-F0 for the rest no errors found.

3, Tested all modules with on demand self test, result, test completed succesfully no errors found.

4, Configurated and programmed IC and Gem module with聽 AB factory load.

5, Also in the IC and in the Gem module only one code different.

6, Write the new factory codes.

7, Started service procedures, reset the IC and the Gem module.

8, IC Pats programmming, start module initialization, till module initialization is complete.

9, Start Pats programming, old, 4 keys stored, erase old keys, programmed my 2 keys ,new incode and my 2聽 聽 聽 聽 keys are stored, all successful.

10, Configurate Gem module, power lock configuration, with RKE, Internal remote receiver, enabled.

11,聽 Started programming keyfobs according the service manual and by unofix.

12, Result no beep by pressing any button, seems that there is no communucation between gem and keyfob,聽 聽 聽 聽or the frequency is different, i麓m out of ideas, who have some new ideas???