Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gem module

wees

1 hour ago, wees said:

3, Tested all modules with on demand self test, result, test completed succesfully no errors found.

4, Configurated and programmed IC and Gem module with  AB factory load.

5, Also in the IC and in the Gem module only one code different.

6, Write the new factory codes.

7, Started service procedures, reset the IC and the Gem module.

Do I understand correctly, you have replaced the GEM with a used unit from another car ?

When you downloaded the AB file for the GEM, was the file the AB for your car, or was it the AB file for the GEM from the other car ?

• Like 1

no I didn't chanced the module it's the original from the car, and I load the ab codes from Internet not from a file, forscan load the factory ab codes, I did save the old codes in a file, but what I mentioned earlier only 1 code was different.

On 6/15/2022 at 3:52 PM, unofix said:

Do I understand correctly, you have replaced the GEM with a used unit from another car ?

When you downloaded the AB file for the GEM, was the file the AB for your car, or was it the AB file for the GEM from the other car ?

any idea??

Have you ever had any keyfob work the remote locking system ?

When did it stop working ?

I bought the car second hand and the keyfob didn't work, the previous owner had chanced the battery and he don't remember why or when it stops working.

A bit of confusion is going on here, I think.

PATS is in the cluster (IPC)

If the ignition is working and the engine is starting then you don't need to and shouldn't be deleting keys.

RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) is in the GEM

Early MK2 Focus' had the RKE receiver in the roof, above the interior light, this can get corroded from leaks from the aerial and condensation.

It also has an earth strap that bolts to the body.

Remove the roof console or dome light, remove the aerial and RKE sensor, clean all the contacts, refit and see if it works.

If not then the GEM is going down due to water ingress, RKE is normally the first thing that starts going down.

Disconnect the battery, remove the GEM and check the pins for water damage, there will be green fur on them

If damaged, You'll need to source a good 2nd hand GEM them load your asbuilt to it then reprogram the remotes  

• Like 1

please read the previous page what I have done, don't think you have read it, have reset and have run on demand testset for the IC and the Gem, no errors found, will they give also that result with a proberly water damage.

4 minutes ago, wees said:

please read the previous page what I have done, don't think you have read it.

Have you checked the receiver? 

the receiver is build in the gem I think, I changed the roof antenne because it was broken and I didn't saw a reciver above the light.

OK, yes it did change to inside GEM, wasn't sure what year though

I think we have now established that the keyfobs that you have now, have never worked in the time you have owned the car.

There are two different frequencies that are used, so it is possible you have the wrong keyfobs.

but the partnumber on the key is the  wright number

3 minutes ago, wees said:

but the partnumber on the key is the  wright number

How do you know it is the correct number ?

What is the part number you have now ?

2S6T15K601ab this the number what is in the keyfob

are they 40 or 80 bit keys ???????

don't know, but in the pats program he recognised the key and I programmed my 2 keys successfully and the number of keys has changed in 2.

the 80 bits came from model 2010 so my key will have a 40 bits transponder.

• Like 2

Nobody with a new idea? 

Without having the car, keys and software infront of us all we can do is give ideas, options. My ex used to expect me to help her with the daily crossword sight unseen, wound me up no end.

On 6/17/2022 at 10:25 AM, wees said:

please read the previous page what I have done, don't think you have read it, have reset and have run on demand testset for the IC and the Gem, no errors found, will they give also that result with a proberly water damage.

On 6/17/2022 at 9:08 AM, DaveT70 said:

the GEM is going down due to water ingress, RKE is normally the first thing that starts going down.

Disconnect the battery, remove the GEM and check the pins for water damage, there will be green fur on them

If damaged, You'll need to source a good 2nd hand GEM them load your asbuilt to it then reprogram the remotes  

It won't show up on self test, it thinks it works, but it doesn't.

Physical check for pin corrosion, as recommended, and replace GEM if found to be at fault

Reloading ASbuilt won't change anything unless someone has deactivated RKE

As mentioned PATS and RKE are two completely separate systems.

thanks for all your help and ideas , and yes I know pats and rke are different systems, try to find an other gem module and see what will happened, not stopping before it will work😜

another strange thing, I bought an frequentie counter and indeed the keyfob send 433Mhz so that's oke but as soon I take place in the car the counter receives a signal from around the 300Mhz, who can tell me why?

Post deleted as being out of date with 2nd page of topic!!!

bcm1.jpg

don't  understand what u mean by your comment.

I will control the module on corrosion,thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club