Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 1.6 Petrol 100 and 110 BHP Non Ti-VCT - What was the difference?

AntonovAN12

As the title says.

What was the difference between these two engines? The 110 BHP was apparently fitted from 2010 onwards. This must have been some of the last Mk2.5s.

Thanks for any information.

About 10 bhp. 🤭

The Mk3 was in production by early 2010 so it seems odd to add an engine to the Mk2.5 that late.  

Only things I can think of would be either an engine only fitted to automatics (as with the 105ps 1.6 in Mk3) or maybe they managed to reduce the emissions at the same time as increasing the power for a lower tax band?

As far as I was aware there is only a 110 in TDCI, The mk2 115 as TI-VCT and the MK3 105 and 125 is TI-VCT. They do both have the 100bhp basic.

This was in the drop-down box on onlinecarparts.com so may not be correct. It was listed in the petrol engines section.

It made me wonder if it had somehow been done with a software change (if actually correct).

There has been a 110 HP Ethanol version of the 1.6 Sigma engine. This engine however was only available in South America.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AntonovAN12 said:

It made me wonder if it had somehow been done with a software change (if actually correct).

You can remap the 100ps 1.6 up to 111/112ps easily enough.  Not sure how much the cost would be nowadays though.

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

There has been a 110 HP Ethanol version of the 1.6 Sigma engine. This engine however was only available in South America.

Ah thanks didn't know that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club