Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 front camera / 360 camera install

Jayas
聽Share

Hi everyone,

I am looking into installing a front camera for my Focus MK 4 Titanium Business

• Why?! You ask? : Why not! 馃槣

My findings:

• the Kuga has a radio control panel with button for the front camera LJ6T-18K811-BB. For the Focus this officially does not exist, the Focus version is JX7T-18K1811-AB
  • the plastic coverpanel in both the Kuga and the Focus look alike and exist of two pieces, the smaller piece covering the radio panel should be mechanically detachable and hopefully fits in the Focus because it would be needed for making room for the camera button. (or Dremel a hole.....)
  • I think the Kuga has an IPMB (Image Processing Module B). Same kind of module used to be in the older Focus for only the rear camera but now (in the MK4) the rear camera is attached directly to the APIM (SYNC module) for the video signal. The LIN line from the camera is attached to the BCM

What I do not know (yet)

• a lot.....
  • and how the Kuga MK3 (I guess) is wired. I don't have the wiring diagrams
  • could it even be possible for the modules in the Focus MK4 to communicate with a IPMB? which will be needed for this project I think
  • in Forscan there are a lot of options to active: 'Camera Hard button' (something like that), 'Front camera' (something like that), etc
  • In the F150 there is also a front camera option I believe... Is this the same Sync communication with other modules?
  • IPMB from F150 is GL3T19H423BC

Some links

Help! please 馃檪

N3ws8ZAgWQtS42h70sCWOfb_NlZVyytR-5Juu9PPGlz9YC3xC1jDbW3q0Oqz0XSOjrl8K82tqd2cQu0erD-u0A1r32p2Y540A5x6P_9Ft-JMFyXkurzUdYfMIycOO-fUd8RlHIUHjVzH0FL_fQ3_XConb4QpRVBfJIV9y0tWxxeMcIlYAD31uVO3cowEEBFEq6f_5Etu6q5Wc_4YzVuyfdn77g2wgllhuizji0nplY_U_hNWw-CM_-feX-NrGydwZOKCJHU9p59hKlnfJD4t-B2r-8E0XKDdSkLQ

• Like 1

Hi!

I'm glad to see your post. I'm about to do this in my Focus.

1) IPMB is hard to find and expensive, many guys just do the switch working on the reverse light signal. Basically, that is what IPMB does.

2) All sync3 are almost identical and can have anything enabled. However, IPMB cope with BCM not Sync, sync just turns on video input. I sow many posts that it was done.

3) There are聽 LIN buses going to cameras, IPMB switches and controls them as well. If don't install Ford camera, just any "china" thing, you don't need聽 IPMB at all.

4) I have bought a Kuga switch panel with the camera button and a trim from a focus cheapest radio (black white display, cost me 10 pounds) which I use to transplant this black piece around buttons.

5) There is an alternative option for the camera button: special mod for sync adding camera button on the display. see fmods.net, some guys claims it also works when front obstacle sensors detects something.

6) I have wiring diagrams for almost all Europe Ford models and all connectors descriptions (online, ask what you need):

Focus (take it now, link will expire soon) (the year is diagram release, not model year )

https://easyupload.io/m/thcc60

Kuga:

https://easyupload.io/arnbj3

• Thanks 1

Do you also have the schematics of a Kuga MK2.5 ?

I am currently working on a CANbus controlled front camera solution for my 2018 Kuga Vignale.

11 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Do you also have the schematics of a Kuga MK2.5 ?

I am currently working on a CANbus controlled front camera solution for my 2018 Kuga Vignale

Hi Wilco,

I have the Kuga schematics for the 2014 onwards and also 2019 onwards.

They are in pdf format and not sorted but I believe them to be complete if you would like me to e-mail them direct to you.

Send me a PM

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 11:22 AM, piotrmod said:

Hi!

I'm glad to see your post. I'm about to do this in my Focus.

1) IPMB is hard to find and expensive, many guys just do the switch working on the reverse light signal. Basically, that is what IPMB does.

2) All sync3 are almost identical and can have anything enabled. However, IPMB cope with BCM not Sync, sync just turns on video input. I sow many posts that it was done.

3) There are聽 LIN buses going to cameras, IPMB switches and controls them as well. If don't install Ford camera, just any "china" thing, you don't need聽 IPMB at all.

4) I have bought a Kuga switch panel with the camera button and a trim from a focus cheapest radio (black white display, cost me 10 pounds) which I use to transplant this black piece around buttons.

5) There is an alternative option for the camera button: special mod for sync adding camera button on the display. see fmods.net, some guys claims it also works when front obstacle sensors detects something.

6) I have wiring diagrams for almost all Europe Ford models and all connectors descriptions (online, ask what you need):

Focus (take it now, link will expire soon) (the year is diagram release, not model year )

https://easyupload.io/m/thcc60

Kuga:

https://easyupload.io/arnbj3

That's great, thanks for the input. I will check the files and do some more digging.

Nice that you are also pursuing this 馃槈

In Forscan there are options for software buttons and hardware buttons but none of the configurations seem to work. I'll take a look at Fmods, didn't really check them yet

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:04 PM, Jayas said:

Why?! You ask?

I'm still curious. Go on, tell us why!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, alanfp said:

I'm still curious. Go on, tell us why!

Because he can 馃ぃ

Well to tell the truth I'm also curious as to if it is even possible, but I look forward to him telling us that he has it working 馃憤

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club