Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Vapouriser

F0CUE

Does anyone know the correct parts code for a DPF Fuel Vapouriser for MK3 2.0 TDCI 163 Duratorque? 

Nobody? And has anyone had to install a new one before and is it easy enough to access?

Looks like the same part as on my Mondeo which has enough access to change it, can't comment on the Focus though.

See Here and you should be able to find one on eBay or from your local motor factors. Ford charge over £250 for one.

Edit: above link didn't take you to the part number

image.thumb.png.59264f69db0fe6536c1bbec38911a28e.png

Edited by Frembrit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

When trying to get this off I had to cut it off to get a socket in the bolt and it won't move even with a breaker bar so will have to get a garage to do it for me. With all the messing about and the fuel pump being in the way a pipe connector broke that connects to the fuel pump inlet rubbish pics. 

IMG_20220705_123937-min.thumb.jpg.7fe195d8c970334e1ed2171900a8d51f.jpg

These crimp type line connectors like bottom middle do they come off and then a new end can be put on?

IMG_20220705_124038-min.thumb.jpg.7a7757b8bd15768434c0acde6867aac7.jpg

The part number on the connector is pa12-gf30  Is this part of the hose? when I search it different types come up. The connector I removed for a closer view.

IMG_20220705_141632-min.thumb.jpg.6fca5651b5f8528233c1e819e030f258.jpg

• Sad 1

Does anyone know where I can get the above connector? I can't seem to find a match anywhere. Most of them look really thick at the top.

Hi Ian, think we might need a few dimensions before we are able to offer a solution. The part number  pa12-gf30 is the generic code for that Type of fuel line connector. It comes in many sizes and angles.

This is a link to a selection table, see if you are able to match yours to a particular size. Was you pipe straight before it snapped off ?

https://www.stdrubberhose.com/saej2044-6-3mm-fuel-line-quick-connector-fittings-for-automobile-and-motorcycle.html

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Hi Ian, think we might need a few dimensions before we are able to offer a solution. The part number  pa12-gf30 is the generic code for that Type of fuel line connector. It comes in many sizes and angles.

This is a link to a selection table, see if you are able to match yours to a particular size. Was you pipe straight before it snapped off ?

https://www.stdrubberhose.com/saej2044-6-3mm-fuel-line-quick-connector-fittings-for-automobile-and-motorcycle.html

Yes its straight but only has 7.89 on the other side which I guess is mm.

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Your connector is made by a company called 'Dorman' and it is part of the 800 series

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-4012-800-855.aspx?origin=keyword

I have not found your exact connector, but you could try sending them an e-mail

Thanks it's so hard to find 🤣 There must be similar ones that will do the same job. Why do I break things so easy.

9 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Thanks it's so hard to find 🤣 There must be similar ones that will do the same job. Why do I break things so easy.

Which part is it attached to?  I can't seem to get perspective from the picture.  Ford may still sell it as part of something else (pipework etc)...

As for those pipe clips, you won't be able to get them back on tightly after removal.  Best to replace with a small jubilee for DIY jobs.

9 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Why do I break things so easy.

Looks like you've broke the damn website now as well! :laugh: 

dorman.thumb.jpg.227a34372dc3616db87cfb927df80057.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Which part is it attached to?  I can't seem to get perspective from the picture.  Ford may still sell it as part of something else (pipework etc)...

As for those pipe clips, you won't be able to get them back on tightly after removal.  Best to replace with a small jubilee for DIY jobs.

It's straight at the top and had one of them hump style clips holding it on then the other end is attached to hard pipe. I have seen that £30 one it's nothing like it.

It's like this 

image.thumb.png.cf4a3b094c63f9570ec80681c8e2911a.png

But now mines is like this 

image.thumb.png.1196c7d4bdb9f289d732437ac8794c91.png

• Thanks 1

Ah ok, I think it's this one?  Only available as part of the hard line though.

Genuine Ford Fuel Feed Tube 1739562 | eBay

Picture 4 of 4

Christ would have to strip the whole front end to get that in there 😂 the space is very limited I had to remove brackets to get more space. Or pay over £80 just for a connector to take off. @TomsFocus Have u any idea of the diameter of the fuel line? I know the connector is 7.89mm to the pump but the line no clue.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

@TomsFocus Have u any idea of the diameter of the fuel line? I know the connector is 7.89mm to the pump but the line no clue.

Nope, sorry.  Could ask breakers if they'd sell you just the connector used? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Nope, sorry.  Could ask breakers if they'd sell you just the connector used? 

Good idea will see what they say.

Lol, he might be on here! :laugh:  Seems fair enough though...there must be other breakers to try!

Looks like the amazon one probably would work.  Difficult to gauge quality from amazon pics though.  I'd be a bit concerned with the pipe coming off under there.

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Lol, he might be on here! :laugh:  Seems fair enough though...there must be other breakers to try!

Looks like the Amazon one probably would work.  Difficult to gauge quality from Amazon pics though.  I'd be a bit concerned with the pipe coming off under there.

I changed that cos thought of that afterwards lol I have a couple of breakers here but the thing is under the car and normally all the cars are piled up so pretty scary unless they can move the thing for access never tried to ask that before.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

I changed that cos thought of that afterwards lol I have a couple of breakers here but the thing is under the car and normally all the cars are piled up so pretty scary unless they can move the thing for access never tried to ask that before.

Safety regs might be different in Scotland.  All the perilous breakers had to modernise down here about 10 years ago.  Now they have proper racks and you have to ask for parts (like a massive outdoor Argos).  :sad: 

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Safety regs might be different in Scotland.  All the perilous breakers had to modernise down here about 10 years ago.  Now they have proper racks and you have to ask for parts (like a massive outdoor Argos).  :sad: 

Not here you can climb up the cars and do what you like I'm going to try them anyway as I need it badly on top of getting the Vapouriser bolt off.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club