Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3, 2015, 120ps, Diesel

I notice that the In Car Temperature is showing as 215 C. This usually means that either the Sensor is not working or the Code Reader can't read it or the car does not have one. It would be a good idea to double check with FORScan.

Even if it is a faulty sensor I'm not sure that is causing your problems and I would expect a fault to be logged. 

• Like 1

Have you checked you have 12v at the ac clutch relay socket corresponding with pin 1 for the relay coil and pin 3 the live side of the relay switch, if you have that use a piece of wire as a jumper to short between pins 3and 5 of the relay socket the clutch should now engage, in normal operation the negative path for the relay coil is via the PCM so you would need to check continuity from pin 2 of the clutch relay socket and the PCM connection, sorry but I don’t know the PIN number on the 1.5PCM. Did you have the gauges connected when you had the car running and the clutch engaged, was there a prop in LP and rise in HP pressures?

• 4 weeks later...

If the Relay is not faulty it looks the signal is not getting to it and I don't know why or why the In car Temperature  is showing as 215. If it is Automatic Climate Control then there should be some other Temperature sensors in the Ducts as well.

Some systems have an On-Board Diagnostic Function., I don't know if your one has.

To activate it press the Power and either Max Defrost or Defrost buttons at the same time and them press the Power button again within 2 seconds.

To terminate it press any button other than Max Defrost or Defrost. If you press the Max Defrost or Defrost buttons the Fault Codes will be erased.

Good luck.

10 hours ago, Tizer said:

If the Relay is not faulty it looks the signal is not getting to it and I don't know why or why the In car Temperature  is showing as 215. If it is Automatic Climate Control then there should be some other Temperature sensors in the Ducts as well.

Some systems have an On-Board Diagnostic Function., I don't know if your one has.

To activate it press the Power and either Max Defrost or Defrost buttons at the same time and them press the Power button again within 2 seconds.

To terminate it press any button other than Max Defrost or Defrost. If you press the Max Defrost or Defrost buttons the Fault Codes will be erased.

Good luck.

Hi, thank you

I did not find the On-Board Diagnostic Function but I did a "self test" (I think is the same with the On-Board Diagnostic Function) that I activated it through the diagnostic equipment. Obviously no faults at all were found 😞

You are getting the Ac request to the pcm, have you tried the activation test for the ac clutch? This should prove that the circuit is good for the relay coil through the pcm also when you do this your cooling fan should run and the the can lurch will activate, the cooling fan must run. Have you checked the evaporator temperature if this is faulty then the ac may not run.

I’m sure Forscan and Launch can engage the clutch, with Forscan where you read the data for the PCM on the 2nd drop down box change read to control. Not sure on the Launch might be under bi directional control. Keep looking you will find them. The Evap sensor temp you will find from the BCM not PCM if I remember correctly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club