Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intro/new Fiesta

crow99

Just thought I'd drop a quick introduction.

Based in Essex and recently purchased a 1.25 3Door 10 Plate Zetec in Vision with bluetooth, Spare Wheel, mats from Dagenham Motors.

I've done 250 miles so far and have to say really happy with it - previous cars were a 1.4 Grande Punto (from new) and a 1.2 Panda, all low size for Insurance. Only strange thing so far was the cigarette fuse not working when picking up the car (dealer fixed) and then blowing a few miles ago (I fixed) but it did happen once or twice on the Panda so not sure if its the car or my Sat Nav charger.

Anyway look forward to contributing in the future.

Cheers!

Welcome along, the fuse blowing may stop if you removethe charger from the socket evertime prior to starting the engine as it may be causing a surge in your socket and blowing the fuse, worth a try anywayz ;)

Thanks guys - will try and get some pics up later, don't actually have any at the moment :unsure:

The fuse things a bit strange, I turned the charger slightly whilst driving today and it blew again!

Then tried put a new one in and it blew, repeat twice blew twice. Then tried new fuse and charger in and blew twice.

Eventually got fuse in and then charger but dont want to touch it now! When I have some time will try my iPhone charger and see if it does the same (on a day when I can go to the dealer!) but sounds like something is wrong with charger or fuseage

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys - will try and get some pics up later, don't actually have any at the moment :unsure:

The fuse things a bit strange, I turned the charger slightly whilst driving today and it blew again!

Then tried put a new one in and it blew, repeat twice blew twice. Then tried new fuse and charger in and blew twice.

Eventually got fuse in and then charger but dont want to touch it now! When I have some time will try my iPhone charger and see if it does the same (on a day when I can go to the dealer!) but sounds like something is wrong with charger or fuseage

I am aware that there are a few different types of fuse, e.g. FAST BLOW, or SLOW BLOW. The 20 amp fuse I had in the cigar socket in my Renault 19 saloon back in the early '90's, blew after months of powering a low load, from constant use of an ioniser, which creates highly ionised air-flow which is healthy, by charging dust/pollen etc, with electrons, and making airbourn particles/odours ground themselves to the nearest object;-- good for clearing smoky cars, or doggy odours. This was just "tired-fuse" syndrome. We had this at my workplace all the time with big 32 amp fuses in 3-phase 2 ton cranes. They were just cramped-up in fuse-boxes that didn't allow cooling, as they were intended for less intensively used appliances; i.e. our electrical Dept. crammed large rated fuses into boxes intended for low-power ampage, so they cooked slowly until they couldn't take the heat any more. Usually lasted a few months tho'. Fast-blow fuses wouldn't have tolerated the start-load of the crane.

I just stopped using the ioniser, and relied on fresh air intake to my face to keep my alert on long trips, with moderate heat elsewhere, and stop for a walkabout now and then, stretch the legs and flex the back. 200 yards is enough.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club