Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front caliper Allen Key size??

bobfather

I need to swap front pads and YouTube videos suggest the Allen bolts are 11mm.  That's one I don't have in my kit.  Before I order one I just wanted to check that size is correct.  2019 car though I think the calipers are the same as the earlier cars

That seems very large. All the Ford's I have ever changed brake pads on that use an Allen key, have all used a 7mm (also not in your kit, I bet). 

The one I have I bought in 1983 from my Ford dealer, it is twice the length of a standard Allen key which you need for a bit of extra force. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, unofix said:

That seems very large. All the Ford's I have ever changed brake pads on that use an Allen key, have all used a 7mm (also not in your kit, I bet). 

The one I have I bought in 1983 from my Ford dealer, it is twice the length of a standard Allen key which you need for a bit of extra force. 

I tend to do my own brakes so I do have a 7mm Allen socket.  This could be a result of the Edge being predominantly an American car. US sites quote 7/16" which does relate to the UK saying 11mm

• Like 1

My 2016 Sport needed an 11mm Allen key for the guide pins (Front). Not changed the rears yet, so can't comment on that caliper.

• Like 1