Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus ST mk4.5

Christopher Reeve

Is anyone else having issues with BLIS and cross traffic alerts on the new Ford Focus ST

• 1 month later...

On 6/9/2022 at 12:01 PM, Christopher Reeve said:

Is anyone else having issues with BLIS and cross traffic alerts on the new Ford Focus ST

Hello Chris, dont think you will get much response, not many about at the minute! 

Out of interest, when did you order yours and when did you take delivery? 

On 6/9/2022 at 12:01 PM, Christopher Reeve said:

I’ve not got that tech but maybe there’s sensitivity options? What’s the alert? Radar needing cleaned or similar? Is it an alert to your app? 

Surely Superman doesn’t need BLIS ?!? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Surely Superman doesn’t need BLIS ?!? 

Quality. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SausagMan said:

Quality. 

You in Eire Jacob ? 

• 1 month later...

Vehicle ordered October 2021 and took delivery end of May 2022.

I think I was lucky… the vehicle was 90% built but missing the final parts which were from the Ukraine. 

It’s a bizarre fault! It keeps on turning its self off and when to try to turn in back on through the settings it says that the system is not available at the minute! 

Some days it works and some days it doesn’t! Ford dealer have look at it and haven’t got a clue what’s going on.

The car is amazing though!

ps superman does need BLiS sometimes… hahaha

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Christopher Reeve said:

Vehicle ordered October 2021 and took delivery end of May 2022.

I think I was lucky… the vehicle was 90% built but missing the final parts which were from the Ukraine. 

It’s a bizarre fault! It keeps on turning its self off and when to try to turn in back on through the settings it says that the system is not available at the minute! 

Some days it works and some days it doesn’t! Ford dealer have look at it and haven’t got a clue what’s going on.

The car is amazing though!

ps superman does need BLiS sometimes… hahaha

This might be stating the obvious but it should work all the time and has never failed in the three year I have owned my Mk4.

If it is intermittent then the only thing I would suggest is to get set up with FORScan. There should be Diagnostic Trouble Codes stored if not permanently then when it is not working and it will give you some ammunition to complain until Ford fix the problem. That will not allow them to say that there Isn't a problem.

You may also be able to monitor Live Data if you want to do some diagnosis yourself. In my Mk4 there is a Parking Aid Module and two Side Obstacle Detection Control Modules, your Mk4.5 may be the same. I haven't looked to see what PID's are available, but I'm sure there will be some.

• Like 1

Thank you Tizer… I’ll do some more digging and look at FORScan.

typically it has been working for the last 2 days! Now I’ve said it will go off tomorrow 

• 2 months later...

Do you guys get the "pops and bangs"?

I have the ST-X without the Performance package. But the "pops and bangs" should be standard on ST no matter of the presence of any extra package.

In my case I never heard them in Sport mode on a manual (which is the only version that should have them vs the automatic which doesn't).

Is there some other special thing you need to do to get those at about 5000-6000RPM when you shift? (should be heard when the rpm drops between shifts)

• Sad 1

I get plenty when in sport and track mode. Make sure the temps are hot. I just rev it out to 5k RPM, let go, and go again. 

Got an ST-X with the Performance Pack though.

What's a ST-X? I thought the ST was just a ST.

• Like 1

It's the same as the ST-line VS ST-Line-X. Just a superior trim with the X.

In some markets both are present, like in DE. In other markets only the ST-X is available, like in my case.

ST non X has 18" wheels and non-matrix LED, etc.

Now back to the "pops and bangs".

I have to admit that I did not get the engine hot enough as I don't have winter tires and there is so much heat you can put in by driving through an underground parking. 😅

• Like 1

Another question related to the ST:

Where is your bite point on the clutch?

Lets say on a scale form 1 to 10. Where 1 is on the floor and 10 is basically with the pedal almost fully depressed.

Calling it an STX just confuses matters. What’s happened to the STLX? Is that the Vignale mash up ? Also confusing. Fords just out baffling people so when your car arrives missing several toys they have an excuse. 🧐 

was the ST not ST 1 , ST2 , ST3 ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IL Dotore said:

Lets say on a scale form 1 to 10. Where 1 is on the floor and 10 is basically with the pedal almost fully depressed.

Is that not the same thing?

Do you mean 1 is on the floor (fully depressed) and 10 is up (fully released)?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IL Dotore said:

Very early on at the moment, I'd say 8-9 steps away from the floor if this is the metric haha

Sorry, I thought "pressed" is opposed to "depressed". 🙂

So let's call it like this:

- 10 when you barely started to press the pedal, like .5 cm

- 1 when you pressed the pedal to the floor and there is only .5cm to go.

I am asking this because mine is literally on the floor, like a 1. If I barely lift the foot with the force of a feather the clutch has already engaged the engine and it took off.

It is very difficult to drive slowly, park and in traffic, it just ruins the whole experience. 😐

59 minutes ago, IL Dotore said:

I am asking this because mine is literally on the floor, like a 1. If I barely lift the foot with the force of a feather the clutch has already engaged the engine and it took off.

It is very difficult to drive slowly, park and in traffic, it just ruins the whole experience.

It would seem that you have a faulty clutch system. Have you checked the hydraulic fluid reservoir ?

Your car is brand new, so take it back to the Ford dealer and let them sort the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IL Dotore said:

It is very difficult to drive slowly, park and in traffic, it just ruins the whole experience. 😐

I find it very easy to drive slowly, likewise with reversing. Like @unofix said, get it checked out

I went to the dealer today and explained my issue and they said it's "normal".

How would I know it's not normal if I did not drive other identical STs that did not have the bite point on the floor?

And were actually rude in telling me this...

Now I'm pretty sure he was full of crp. 

I would like to ask kindly all ST owners that see this post to give me an estimate, on that clutch scale, so I can have a more clear picture. 

It's hard to believe it's like that by design. 😐

From the floor its maybe a 3 (from the floor) out of 10 (unpressed) - I'm re typing this out because I misunderstood it earlier on. 

It is sensitive but I find it easy to drive and reverse. 

I did drive my brothers Focus (non-ST) that is 3 years old now and that clutch was around 6-7 so it might just be getting used to. This might be dumb but are you able to perhaps land a test drive for a Focus ST in your area? Even the non-updated MK4 would suffice. That could give you a better indication as well (the clutches will be slightly used but its the best benchmark I can think off) 

• Like 1

I tried to find someone with a MK4 ST but no luck.

And on MK 4.5 I was the only one that ordered it on an area of 200Km.

Some do say that the byte point will go up with ~1cm after the initial 2000km. 

I doubt it will do that as nowadays the clutch is hydraulic and has auto adjust for wear.

But maybe with some wear it will be easier and the bite point will spread a bit to facilitate less jerky shifts.

I think I will have to park this topic until summer when I will have done the miles and see then.

• 5 months later...

I've done now 1000Km and I can say the bite point is still annoyingly low. Yes you learn to live with it and it does spread a bit, but... could have been better.

Anyway, one new thing I need for this car is real mud flaps/guards.

It seems Ford is not producing these for the ST. Do you guys have any alternatives for tested aftermarket parts?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club