Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front wipers banging at the top

mahall1988

When I put my front wipers on when they reach the standing straight up position they bang after a couple of months of trying to figure out what it is I can see that the metal bit that sticks out of the blade hits the windscreen.

I took it into the ford garage and they told me that cheap wipers don’t fit properly on my car so they fitted new ones, which cost me. They worked for a few months but the problem has just come back again.

I'm now completely stuck as to why it does this and would appreciate any help on fixing this.

I have a 54 reg fiesta LX model

Thanks in advance

sounds like the arms require adjustment or the wipers are too long

I cannot provide a photo because I have no camera but it is the metal lip this is just below the blade.

Ford fitted the wipers and they weren’t banging for a couple of months and no one has touched them since, but if you could tell me how to do it id appreciate it as well.

are they hitting the glass or the rubber surround? and where on the stroke of the blades

What metal bit? Any chance of some pictures so we can see what the problem is.

He means the metal support which is situated on both sides of the rubber blade, it's "sunk" into the blade in a slot on either side and the actual wiper arm normally grips the metal support in about 6 positions along the wiper blade length. Normally on the cheaper blades this works it's way loose, sometimes there are cut outs in this metal support which should sit on moulded areas on the blade!

might be too much arm pressure towards the screen over stressing the blades causing the problem if not you could try Bosch one piece aero blades

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club