Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stereo unit recommendation please

froggy8

hi guys,

this is the stereo i have now:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403712689919?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338722076&customid=&toolid=10050

is it possible to get another unit with the fan controls too? i dont think they do so i might struggle finding another unit wont i?

the reason i want to swap unit is so i can connect to my phone for music.

many thanks guys

1 hour ago, unofix said:

The Bluetooth module on a 2006 Focus does not support music streaming.

thank you

it has an aux button but it does not work. i have took the glovebox apart and the aux plug is plugged to the glovebox but i cant seem to pry the face off of the stereo out to see if it is connected to the stereo so just thought maybe an upgrade? 

Your car has the premium Denso Satnav system. This was the most advanced and expensive system that was available on the Focus MK2.

However since this system was designed over 20 Years ago it is quite outdated by todays standards.

The Denso audio system integrates the climate control fuctionality, From an electronical point of view the Denso can be replaced by a normal audio system and climate control panel witout any problem. The dashboard however is a different story. Vehicles with the Denso system have a different dashboard that lacks some of the supports that are needed to attach the normal audio system and climate control panel. It can be converted but requires some DIY skills.

There are aftermarket solutions to add bluetooth Audio to the Denso systems.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Your car has the premium Denso Satnav system. This was the most advanced and expensive system that was available on the Focus MK2.

However since this system was designed over 20 Years ago it is quite outdated by todays standards.

The Denso audio system integrates the climate control fuctionality, From an electronical point of view the Denso can be replaced by a normal audio system and climate control panel witout any problem. The dashboard however is a different story. Vehicles with the Denso system have a different dashboard that lacks some of the supports that are needed to attach the normal audio system and climate control panel. It can be converted but requires some DIY skills.

There are aftermarket solutions to add Bluetooth Audio to the Denso systems.

many thanks for that.

i will have a look around now to see if i can find one.

35 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

There are aftermarket solutions to add Bluetooth Audio to the Denso systems.

any chance you could give me the link for that bluetooth device please?

could anyone recommend me either a bluetooth or usb connector for the stereo i have got pltease?

i am trying to get one that doesnt use the cig lighter if possible.

11 hours ago, JW1982 said:

thank you

i have found this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144588376976?hash=item21aa238b90:g:52gAAOSwUY9inLKv

would this do? 

only reason i ask is its slightly cheaper.

update guys:

i just remembered that i still have the manual for the touchscreen satnav stereo so had a read up on it lastnight. on the manual, it says to activate aux, you just click on the aux button till the button is highlighted ( this is what i thought you had to do) then someone wrote on the manual saying that you had to press the cd button twice to select aux. i havent tried it yet but i have a feeling once i have done that then the aux will work. 

another update guys:

by holding the cd button for few seconds takes you to the line-in menu. 

then just press play on your phone or mp3 player and the music will start playing.

it works!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club