Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking noise

Focus rules

Hi all! I have a 2009 panther black facelift Ford focus titanium 2 litre tdci. She has over 1500 worth of additional features from new, has done 72000 miles and is a real beauty. I love her to death ( best shape focus by a country mile) but she has a knock that had defied all investigations. I have had it into the garage twice and no joy. None of the usual suspects are the cause so wondered if anyone else has had the same issue at all?? This is making me feel nervous to say the least!!

• Confused 1

Might help if you give us a clue.

Engine, Gearbox, suspension, steering, brakes ? At what speed ?

18 hours ago, Focus rules said:

but she has a knock that had defied all investigations.

Need more information:

When stationary (engine running)?

Going over bumps?

Turning corners?

Sometimes or all the time?

Is the knocking consistent or random?

Does it increase/decrease with the speed of the car?

Only when engine cold or hot?

Any small children in the boot?

Knock not when stationary just when over bumps etc. My usual garage of over 10 years can't find any fault at all and drives brilliant. 

They said wa a slight noise in steering column but all good. They have had it on the ramp and moved everything and no clues?

Hi all. Noise when over bumps and turning. No baggage in back. Garage has swung on every dangly bit and still no joy.

Broken spring, drop-link, or simply a bush somewhere e.g. turret top or maybe antoriil-bar. Or a real doozy - on my MX5 repeated issues with knocking rear suspension turned out to be a plastic cap on the rear damper coming loose, fixed with a couple of turns of gaffer tape, after replacing several drop links and re-bushing the rear antirollbar!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club