Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A couple of questions I'd love answers to

pandaman

Hello. Been Googling some "issues" (may not actually be issues) I have with a recently bought approved used Ford Fiesta 2019 Titanium 1l Ecoboost (100hp)

Would very much appreciate if anybody could save me as can't find answers anywhere, or at least not 100% confirming...

Worth noting the car is completely stock.

1st: If I am going quite slow, and press on the accelerator, but then release it (traffic or whatever ahead), I can hear what can only be described as a very faint dump valve sound - the kind of whoosh/pssh sound you often hear with customised cars. It is only audible if I have the radio and A/C off and windows up.

2nd: when hard turning slowly (parking etc) left or right I can hear a very faint rubbing noise. Sounds a bit like the dust/heat deflectors possibly rubbing (had this on an old Peugeot), but wondered if it is perhaps just a characteristic. Again, can only hear with no radio or A/C otherwise it's too faint to hear.

Many thanks in advance!

• Sad 1

1 is the Turbo dump valve.

2 no idea, not a characteristic as mine doesn't do it.

Dump valves not fitted to most standard road cars, do you mean waste gate?

dump valves usually cause a crack type noise like a misfire when changing gear

• Sad 1

2nd: If the wheels and tyres are stock then it is not likely a tyre is rubbing on anything. It could be the brake pads rubbing on the discs due to slight play in the wheel bearings bringing them into slight contact. Try doing it with a foot lightly pressing on the brake pedal and see if it the noise changes/disappears.

1 hour ago, RL123 said:

No they don’t.

most turbo cars have a dump valve but they vent back into the intake system not to atmosphere.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RL123 said:

No, I meant dump valve, that is what I have always been told they are called.... if I have my terminology wrong then so be it, to me they are dump valves..

Edit, it seems you were wrong after all from the post above this one, i guess you mean dump valve too.. 😂👍🏻

Also called a blow off valve...and you don't want to get dumps and blow offs muddled... :tongue:

On most cars it's called a recirculating valve (or recirc valve) as it recirculates air back into the intake as Mark said.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, MarksST said:

No they don’t.

most turbo cars have a dump valve but they vent back into the intake system not to atmosphere.

Yes - seems like the Ecoboost has a recirculation valve. Is it supposed to be audible even if very faint?

I feel tremendous pity for the garage you bought the car from. :sad:

You will hear it, the noise will will be amplified by the intake pipe work to the air filter. This is why induction kits sound louder as the noise can come out of the filter and not be muffled by the air box.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, unofix said:

I feel tremendous pity for the garage you bought the car from. :sad:

Why?

19 hours ago, MarksST said:

You will hear it, the noise will will be amplified by the intake pipe work to the air filter. This is why induction kits sound louder as the noise can come out of the filter and not be muffled by the air box.

Thanks - good to know. Wasn't overly bothered as it's so faint, but just wondered if it could have been indicative of some kind of leak somewhere. Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club