Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium Spare Wheel

rxs1407

Good evening.. I have just bought my son his first car, 2013 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium.. Great condition and looks like new..

But there is no spare or anything in the boot.

Had a quick man look and there are a number of different sizes being advertised for the 16" wheels.. the tyres are 195 50 16.

Can anyone hlep with what size spare i require? hoping to find the jack and other bits required..

Thanks

https://tinyurl.com/3d2d4bjn

15" will do as a spare, you will probably need a set of steel wheelnuts as I doubt alloy wheel nuts will fully tighten. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rxs1407 said:

2013 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium.. Great condition and looks like new..

But there is no spare or anything in the boot.

With a 2013 Ecoboost the lack of a spare wheel is the least  of your problems. You do realise that in less than 12 months it will require the wet belts replaced at a cost of between £1200 to £1500

I think the usual spare is 175/65/14. This is what Ford provided up to about 2009 as standard before they charged extra,  but I think it was still that size when buyers paid extra to have a spare. Easy to buy on eBay but some of the tyres on them might be quite old now.  Tyres have date of manufacture on one side wall.  Date format is the week number and year eg 5113 would mean week 51 of 2013 so in December 2013

• Like 2

Why don't you just get the same size as the other four are , plus a spare rim , That's what I did ,, unless you just want to use the gunk kit to  fill it up with.

15 hours ago, auldreekie said:

15" will do as a spare, you will probably need a set of steel wheelnuts as I doubt alloy wheel nuts will fully tighten. 

Thanks very much.. Will buy one and check the nuts..

10 hours ago, aot871 said:

Why don't you just get the same size as the other four are , plus a spare rim , That's what I did ,, unless you just want to use the gunk kit to  fill it up with.

I looked at that, but found posts saying the cover was then raised as the wheel was deeper. There is no gunk or anything in the boot at all.

175/65/14 will fit properly in the well without sticking up high. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, isetta said:

175/65/14 will fit properly in the well without sticking up high. 

Thanks very much for info..

You could take one of your wheels off and put in boot and see how high it sticks up to see if you can live with it

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, isetta said:

You could take one of your wheels off and put in boot and see how high it sticks up to see if you can live with it

Great Idea,we collect the car Sunday.. Thanks again

175/65/14 is the standard Ford spare and there are plenty of them for sale on eBay.   I've had one this size in my last five Fiestas.   I won't have the ridiculous latex gunk which will only work if your puncture is a very small pinhole.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, isetta said:

I think the usual spare is 175/65/14. This is what Ford provided up to about 2009 as standard before they charged extra,  but I think it was still that size when buyers paid extra to have a spare.

I have the spare wheel from a 2006 Fiesta which is the same size, I think it is still the same size on new Fiestas too. It is only the ST that had a skinny 15inch wheel as the 14s don't fit over the front brakes.  The tyre is smaller diameter than my 17s, but it is only supposed to be a temp spare (get you home) with 50mph speed restriction.

I admit I feel far safer having it rather than a tin of goo and compressor, as goo may only fix small punctures on the tread. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, unofix said:

With a 2013 Ecoboost the lack of a spare wheel is the least  of your problems. You do realise that in less than 12 months it will require the wet belts replaced at a cost of between £1200 to £1500

No worries..

On 6/21/2022 at 9:27 PM, auldreekie said:

This is really interesting/concerning- so many of us are driving around with the steel space saving spare, but I've never considered that the nuts might be different..!?

The alloy wheel nuts (at least on my old titanium) had a closed end so using a spacesaver wheel which is thinner than your alloy more of the stud bolts poke through the steel spacesaver so alloy nuts don't tighten against the wheel. 

A set of 4/5 standard steel wheel nuts which do not have closed ends will do the job. Their not expensive, 3 or 4 quid. 

Whether the closed end nuts on my 2014 Titanium are different to every one else's I don't know but I recently had to use my space save wheel and didn't have any problems. 

Cars that came with a steel spare from the factory have nuts that can be used on both.  (Sometimes the nut is shaped differently, sometimes the steel rim is shaped differently).  It's only cars that didn't come with a spare, or that have used a 'standard' steel instead of a space saver that may have issues.

• Like 3

Cheers Bob- I'll grab a set of nuts for peace of mind!

4 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Cheers Bob- I'll grab a set of nuts for peace of mind!

I keep a set with my spare.

Yeah, I'll do the same- can't believe I didn't twig it previously!

On 6/23/2022 at 3:11 PM, Bobr said:

Bought and a set of nuts.. Thanks again.. Was going to go with full wheel, but so many for sale with damaged alloy and out of dates tyres. So decided on space saver..

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club