Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puma Recall June 2022

ChrisM41

Not sure if everyone is aware but all 2022 Pumas are being recalled due to a fault with the SOS call system, it also seems to affect all modem connections and the Ford Pass app.

Worse they have halted all deliveries until the issue is resolved. There is no current fix available, and no timescale for a fix has been provided.

3 minutes ago, ChrisM41 said:

There is no current fix available

Well I guess pressing the button won't Help ! 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

Only pumas? Mmm 

Not .....“Lions & tigers & bears, oh my!”

8 minutes ago, unofix said:

Not .....“Lions & tigers & bears, oh my!”

Perhaps you need to focus on cougars too. 😂

• Haha 1

Apparently its also Kugas and some of the commercial fleet. Ford have so many issues right now, they cant build Fiestas, aren't taking orders for the Focus and the Mach-E has recall issues as well.

I was due to get my Puma ST-line X delivered Monday, but they cancelled the delivery yesterday, another person Im aware of was turned away at their dealer yesterday when he went to collect his car. A very poor show from Ford frankly.

Is that a legal requirement nowadays? 

Always thought it was a bit of a gimmick rather than a serious safety thing! :unsure: 

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is that a legal requirement nowadays? 

I understand it's another EU thing.

Edit: I think it came in April 2018? Bit of coverage in various papers earlier this year to raise awareness, eg:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/18143726/drivers-urged-check-sos-button-in-cars/

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I understand it's another EU thing.

Edit: I think it came in April 2018? Bit of coverage in various papers earlier this year to raise awareness, eg:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/18143726/drivers-urged-check-sos-button-in-cars/

Thanks Roger, very interesting.  Possibly still a need to raise more awareness!

I know it's been around a while, first saw it used on a BMW in Die Hard 4 (2007!) but haven't heard of anyone I know actually using it in an emergency.

Yes its a requirement for all new models launched after 2018, so the Puma qualifies because it was launched in 2019, whereas my last car a Leon Cupra was a 2019 car but launched some years before.

I get the point, but to hold back delivery for something that 99% will never use seems overkill. How many will ever use it, and how many will crash and be able to use it in a situation where no one else sees the crash? At least in this case the fault takes down pretty much all the cars connected services, including all the Ford Pass functions, but its still not something I'm happy to go without a car for.

I have had a twitter reply from @FordUK and they confirmed it was a software issue that should be fixed in the coming 'days'.. However long that is..

• Like 1

I would be annoyed too if my car was delayed but from Ford's point of view their hands are tied by the legislation.

I think the whole point of it is that in the event of a crash that deploys the Airbags the vehicle location will be sent to the emergency services and they will be able to communicate with the occupants via the cars Speakers in case the occupants can't move. Being able to do it manually is an added bonus rather than the what makes it mandatory.

The TCU does have a backup battery for situations where the cars electrics are put out of action.

• Like 1

I just hope they fix it quickly, as in next week. Im getting desperate now. Its costing me a fortune in hire cars, Ford already let me down on a Fiesta ordered in January. Ive had no car for 2 weeks now.

Anyone got any updates yet about timeframe for a fix?

• Sad 1

I ordered my Ford Puma in November 2021 for a February/March expected delivery. Unfortunately I still haven't received my car. Having spoken to Evans Halshaw, my car is still in Dagenham (alongside many others), waiting on a transporter. I have been without a car since November due to part-exchanging my old vehicle towards the PCP costs.  

Yesterday, I was informed that there could be further delays due to the recall above, and I am beyond upset. I have no idea when I will get my car and whether it will be recalled from Dagenham!

Not a happy bunny, but understand that others on this page are in the same boat too.

I picked up my Puma ST on the 19th June (ordered end Feb) from Evans Halshaw Ford in Hull and was told all the Ford's they'd delivered in the passed couple of weeks had this issue, but it would be resolved soon, as Ford were aware of it.

Not the impression I got when I contacted Ford to raise the issue though... 👎🤔

A family came into the showroom, whilst I was signing my paperwork and the guy I was dealing with said they wouldn't get their Puma ST until next year now and they ordered it a week after me...

Hello everyone,

Is there any news?

Should we sue?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, gytav said:

Should we sue?

Surely you'd need to wait till you died in an accident for it to be worth suing! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has Sue Pollard got anything to do with a Puma ? Does Joe Maplin have something to do with this ?

SUE.JPG

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

Why has Sue Pollard got anything to do with a Puma ? Does Joe Maplin have something to do with this ?

Ted Bovis could do a whole routine on this LOL

• Haha 1

I was told by my helpful dealer that Ford are making another announcement today, Friday July 1st.   I was due to to collect my new Puma Vignale 155 auto last Friday.  Not having any idea when car will be released by Ford to be registered is extremely frustrating, especially when car is sitting at dealership.  Poor show Ford, keep your customers informed.  My sympathies are with those customers with no cars, I at least still have my trusted fiesta, and the dealerships who are stuck in limbo.

7 hours ago, Addafew said:

Poor show Ford, keep your customers informed.

and I suppose that Ford are doing nothing, they are sitting back saying to their supplies no hurry guys just get the parts to us when you can !!

This is a global problem with many complex situations effecting many different aspects of production. Many of the integrated circuits required to build many of the modules come from or via Singapour. So as an when the Chinese government say, the parts will be released. I understand the frustration of those waiting for a new car, but don't you think that frustration must be multiplied at least a hundred thousand times by those a Ford desperately trying to keep production going and keep people employed ?

I can tell you a certain Japanese car maker in the UK has over 10,000 cars stockpiled on every available inch of land around their factory. All of them waiting for Keyfobs, which ironically as I've already mentioned are sitting in containers at the dockside in Singapour. They have now been waiting 3 months and get told that they will be on there way next week. Only problem is they keep getting told next week !!

The world is not as it once was, and it may never in our lifetimes be the same again. People need to adapt to the new world order and accept that for at least the next 5 years things are not going to be anything like they used to be. Waiting for a new car can be frustrating but those waiting for life saving surgery on the NHS waiting list would gladly trade places.

Well that's my rant over for today.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, unofix said:

Can I join in?

'Just in time' production has been in force now for decades. I have been cynical of it since day one. I have spent most of my working career in retail, where in the beginning, we use to have a warehouse which we fully stocked, then drip fed the stores as and when necessary. Then the infamous, 'just in time' started to kick in, and warehouses were dismantled. All was fine, until a delivery was missed for whatever reason, and the shop's shelves became empty. 'just in time' is just far too fragile, and as can be seen with car manufacturing, has the potential for disaster due to it not being robust enough to withstand the ebb and flow of deliveries.

There, that's my rant over too LOL

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, unofix said:

and I suppose that Ford are doing nothing, they are sitting back saying to their supplies no hurry guys just get the parts to us when you can !!

This is a global problem with many complex situations effecting many different aspects of production. Many of the integrated circuits required to build many of the modules come from or via Singapour. So as an when the Chinese government say, the parts will be released. I understand the frustration of those waiting for a new car, but don't you think that frustration must be multiplied at least a hundred thousand times by those a Ford desperately trying to keep production going and keep people employed ?

I can tell you a certain Japanese car maker in the UK has over 10,000 cars stockpiled on every available inch of land around their factory. All of them waiting for Keyfobs, which ironically as I've already mentioned are sitting in containers at the dockside in Singapour. They have now been waiting 3 months and get told that they will be on there way next week. Only problem is they keep getting told next week !!

The world is not as it once was, and it may never in our lifetimes be the same again. People need to adapt to the new world order and accept that for at least the next 5 years things are not going to be anything like they used to be. Waiting for a new car can be frustrating but those waiting for life saving surgery on the NHS waiting list, they would gladly trade places.

This thread is about a specific recall that Ford announced last week, and their decision to refuse the release of new cars  currently at dealerships, not the obvious worldwide car shortage due to parts.  Please read thead before you start ranting.  My concern is that Ford announced this restriction without communicating when a solution can be expected.  This is unsatisfactory customer care.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Addafew said:

My concern is that Ford announced this restriction without communicating when a solution can be expected.  This is unsatisfactory customer care.

It takes time for them to come up with a solution after the fault has been identified.  They can only provide a timescale when they know what needs to be done and either new parts being manufactured or module software adaptions can be made. 

There was a similar issue with MHEV battery covers holding Focus's back for a month or more earlier this year.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club