Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puma Recall June 2022

ChrisM41

13 minutes ago, Addafew said:

This thread is about a specific recall that Ford announced last week, and their decision to refuse the release of new cars  currently at dealerships, not the obvious worldwide car shortage due to parts.  Please read thead before you start ranting.  My concern is that Ford announced this restriction without communicating when a solution can be expected.  This is unsatisfactory customer care.

and so are they planning on using pixie dust to fix the problem, or do you think it may be that new parts might be required ?

..... and if I fancy a "rant" I will quite happily have one thank you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

New vehicles that haven't been prepped are now getting a lengthy software update. Those that are prepped are awaiting another fix. So ford are pro actively trying to fix this issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

and so are they planning on using pixie dust to fix the problem, or do you think it may be that new parts might be required ?

..... and if I fancy a "rant" I will quite happily have one thank you.

Rant away if that is your wish tinkerbell,  just try to be relevant to what the thread is about.  By the way no parts required, it’s a software update that we are waiting for.  It would be nice if Ford could give us some idea of how long it will take.  

• Sad 1

May not be a software update on prepped vehicles awaiting delivery. That I'm not sure of yet . Should know by Monday hopefully. 

1 hour ago, Addafew said:

it’s a software update that we are waiting for

Are you 100% sure on that ?? would you care to bet your life on it ?

I'm not that stupid that I'd say whether or not it is just software, but I'm sure you will know.

1 hour ago, Addafew said:

Rant away if that is your wish tinkerbell,  just try to be relevant to what the thread is about.

Hey, I'll have you know you are dissin' several, 'Grand Masters'. That take b*lls LOL So well done for your chutzpah! To be fair, once a post is made, you pretty much have no control over it. If people want to veer off topic, that is their decision. As long as we can disagree without being disagreeable, that's pretty much how the internet should work...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Addafew said:

I was told by my helpful dealer that Ford are making another announcement today, Friday July 1st.   I was due to to collect my new Puma Vignale 155 auto last Friday.  Not having any idea when car will be released by Ford to be registered is extremely frustrating, especially when car is sitting at dealership.  Poor show Ford, keep your customers informed.  My sympathies are with those customers with no cars, I at least still have my trusted Fiesta, and the dealerships who are stuck in limbo.

So, no announcement today then?

9 hours ago, unofix said:

Are you 100% sure on that ?? would you care to bet your life on it ?

I'm not that stupid that I'd say whether or not it is just software, but I'm sure you will know.

Get over yourself, I am 100% sure that the only info I am getting is from my dealer because Ford are not communicating with their customers directly.  I was due to pick up my  new car over a week ago and the day before Ford  stopped new Pumas being registered but they haven’t given any indication when these cars will be available.  My dealer is as frustrated as me with the lack of information from Ford, 

I came on this forum looking for other people’s experiences and to share what I have been told not to be accused of being stupid.        Why not try to be helpful rather than offensive, Mr Unofix?

21 hours ago, BillPC said:

So, no announcement today then?

Dealer phoned again today, they were told yesterday Ford boffins still working on software fix.  Still no expected date for this though.

17 hours ago, Addafew said:

I came on this forum looking for other people’s experiences and to share what I have been told not to be accused of being stupid.

Could you just point out where it was I said YOU were stupid ?

I can point out where YOU called me "tinker bell" but since I'm not of the woke persuasion, name calling has absolutely no effect on me.

As regarding to whether or not you are stupid or have some other problems, I'll just leave it up to others on the forum to draw their own conclusions, and since I do have better things to do I won't be bothering with anything further that you may feel the need to get off your chest.

Pretty sure 'Tinkerbell' was in reference to to the pixie dust...  Quite a clever comeback in fairness. 

On 7/2/2022 at 7:10 PM, TomsFocus said:

Any news? 

Got my Puma ST 4 weeks ago so the issue seems to be sorted. Did have to wait 7 weeks later than anticipated due to an ‘engine error’. 

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Jaimie96 said:

Got my Puma ST 4 weeks ago so the issue seems to be sorted

And 3 weeks ago they stopped all further deliveries until the fault with the emergency call system is fixed. So your car might get recalled. 

Does this apply to Puma ST’s?

Read the very first post in this thread 25th June. 

I wish I could tbh, this is a very hard site to use 😂

On 6/25/2022 at 11:18 AM, ChrisM41 said:

Not sure if everyone is aware but all 2022 Pumas are being recalled due to a fault with the SOS call system, it also seems to affect all modem connections and the Ford Pass app.

Worse they have halted all deliveries until the issue is resolved. There is no current fix available, and no timescale for a fix has been provided.

• Confused 1

Mine hasn’t been recalled? 

EDIT

feel like I might’ve been told by now

6 hours ago, Jaimie96 said:

Mine hasn’t been recalled? 

EDIT

feel like I might’ve been told by now

If you don't have emergency call malfunction showing on the dash then your car is ok and won't need anything doing. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, iantt said:

If you don't have emergency call malfunction showing on the dash then your car is ok and won't need anything doing. 

My Focus has shown that the last few times it's been started... :unsure:  Assume it's just due to the deep sleep mode in my case though?

Just managed to get update from dealer. Still no news. They haven’t heard anything from Ford 🤯

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

My Focus has shown that the last few times it's been started... :unsure:  Assume it's just due to the deep sleep mode in my case though?

That's due to the back up battery for the TCU going flat due to no use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 Guys on the Puma forums had their cars delivered last week, one reports the modem system still doesn't work. Mine is being delivered tomorrow (hopefully), i'll report if it works.

Seems as though the issue may actually be a patent licensing issue, because ford are being sued in Germany for patent infringement for mobile connectivity patents, as have a few other manufacturers. Its possible the modem was deliberately deactivated remotely until something had been worked out. It may be they are cleared to continue sales (the company suing wanted a hold and recall), but still haven't sorted the legal issues.

Reading through this thread is very familiar to me from other forums. Longer term high post count users tend to come down on the side of the manufacturer because they dont know any different. Trust me, ive been driving long enough to know Ford are absolutely awful at recalls, the worst i've ever experienced. They also have the second most of any manufacturer. Toyota have more, but also have more models and more platforms, and they handle them respectfully, keeping the owner informed. With Ford no one knows anything, even the dealers, but most of all even anyone you might stand a chance of being able to contact at Ford.

19 minutes ago, ChrisM41 said:

...Toyota have more, but also have more models and more platforms, and they handle them respectfully, keeping the owner informed...

Have to agree with that. my neighbour's Toyota was 8 years old, and he got a letter last year recalling the car because the paintwork, a Blizzard White Pearl had an inherent fault in it allowing it to deteriorate unduly. He got a brand new full body manufacture respray! Can't imagine Ford doing that...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club