Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puma Recall June 2022

ChrisM41

Well my Puma is here and its very nice! However the SOS call system isnt working and it wont register on Ford Pass, but the Wifi and bluetooth are working.

2 hours ago, ChrisM41 said:

Well my Puma is here and its very nice! However the SOS call system isnt working and it wont register on Ford Pass, but the Wifi and Bluetooth are working.

That’s good news. Was it from a main dealer? My dealer is saying they are still not allowing deliveries🤨

It was an online lease, I dont know the dealer. I assumed it was Lookers of Sheffield because it was registered in that area, but the number plate says something else and it doesn't have enough mileage to be driven that far to me (i'll have to go look).

2 other guys on the Puma forums had deliveries last week, so they are happening, but why they arent fixed I dont know.

My wife has a new Puma ST line Vignale sitting at the dealers depot, but again unable to release due to the software bug, advised today should be fixed by 20th July. Thankfully she still has the ford Fiesta Vignale as Ford extended the PCP deal until the new car arrived under some electronic waiver scheme.

Her current Fiesta had several battery issues and it just died while driving last week, it was showing 5Volts, after jump starting got it to dealers who replaced the battery. During lockdown we bought a CTEK charger and it's connected when not used, however, after 3 years the previous Fiesta's batteries all required replacing!

Hi, 

has anyone had this issue on a Kuga? Is there an estimated fix date yet? 

thanks 

3 hours ago, Lm92 said:

Hi, 

has anyone had this issue on a Kuga? Is there an estimated fix date yet? 

thanks 

Some kugas are affected by this recall. If the vehicle is showing the malfunction,  there is no fixed currently anounced. Only vehicles that haven't been prepped and then had software update, and those already prepped prior to this recall announcement with no malfunction showing are to be released. So those who have had there vehicles released  with the malfunction shouldn't have had them .

3 of us on the Pumaforums had our cars in the last 2 weeks, all 3 have the fault still. None of us have a serial number listed for the modem  in the sync menu. Mine has Wifi and bluetooth working (Wifi is unreliable at best though). The cars will not activate on Ford Pass and the SOS call error comes up.

When I check with Ford my car has no outstanding recalls. I have heard that the 'fix' isnt working well, and many cars still dont work after its applied, the first fix has been pulled and Ford are looking at another fix.

2 hours ago, ChrisM41 said:

3 of us on the Pumaforums had our cars in the last 2 weeks, all 3 have the fault still. None of us have a serial number listed for the modem  in the sync menu. Mine has Wifi and Bluetooth working (Wifi is unreliable at best though). The cars will not activate on Ford Pass and the SOS call error comes up.

When I check with Ford my car has no outstanding recalls. I have heard that the 'fix' isnt working well, and many cars still dont work after its applied, the first fix has been pulled and Ford are looking at another fix.

First fix is continuing, I did a couple today. Seems to work for us at the moment. But there is no official fix for the ones that are showing fault already. There parked up waiting on ford. 

• Like 1

Ordered my Puma Vignale in Nov 21. Still awaiting delivery, cancelled twice so far with the exact excuse everyone is discussing.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:13 PM, iantt said:

First fix is continuing, I did a couple today. Seems to work for us at the moment. But there is no official fix for the ones that are showing fault already. There parked up waiting on ford. 

OK so how do I approach this? My car was released to me on Monday still with the fault, but its showing as having no outstanding recalls.  I will give it a while and go to the dealer but either way the modem isnt working.

On 7/15/2022 at 9:35 PM, Puma2022 said:

Ordered my Puma Vignale in Nov 21. Still awaiting delivery, cancelled twice so far with the exact excuse everyone is discussing.

If you can wait and the deal was good then do. Cancelling now is bad because prices are insane. To put in in perspective when I ordered my Fiesta in January (a 155 ST Line), it was £196 a month, but that was cancelled because they closed the factory. The Puma on the same terms is £320 as month. £200 a month now gets a you a basic non turbo 1 litre super mini, if you are lucky.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChrisM41 said:

OK so how do I approach this? My car was released to me on Monday still with the fault, but its showing as having no outstanding recalls.  I will give it a while and go to the dealer but either way the modem isnt working.

I would contact your dealer and log the fault with them.

Our local Ford Dealer phoned today to say fix for wife's new Puma applied, apparently now released by Ford and its being PDI'd ready for collection 22nd July.

Hopefully they have solved the issue.

Also after they changed her battery on the ford fiesta few weeks ago the modem got hung, you could look on the phone app to find the cars location, however, traffic downloads were not working and after deleting vehicle from the ford pass app could not reconnect it.  Solution was to disconnect battery for 20 mins then reconnect, solved issue all working fine added car back on ford pass app and map data working again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simon3 said:

Solution was to disconnect battery for 20 mins then reconnect, solved issue all working fine added car back on ford pass app and map data working again.

I still find it sad that to fix an IT problem, you need to turn it off, and turn it back on again, been the same since I used Windows 3.1 🤣

Old joke, car designed by microsoft, when you have an issue, turn ignition off, close all windows, get out, lock car, then reverse the process

• Haha 1

Dealer has told me Ford have now announced a fix date of the 1st of August, although they hope it will be sooner.  My new car is still at dealership but cannot be registered until software fix.  Was due to pick up car on 24th June, informed by dealer on 23rd there was a recall problem and car could not be registered.  

My new Puma was delivered to my dealer on Saturday. Was told on Monday when I signed the finance documents that I should have it at the latest on the following Monday and they also mentioned the SOS fault. Rang them for an update today and they said it has the fault showing still and they didn’t know when they could release the car to me as they had no current fix and no timescale. Called Ford head office today and was told they are still designing the fault repair software and they are hoping this will be delivered to dealerships in August! Didn’t give me a specific date in august though…car hasn’t even been registered yet I’m just wondering why on earth they got me to sign finance documents when they knew of the fault beforehand?! 
also how are they giving a date when they are still yet to finalise the fix? So annoying it’s just sat on the forecourt!

7 minutes ago, Aisha19 said:

My new Puma was delivered to my dealer on Saturday.

Hopefully the finance starts when the car is in your possession...

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Hopefully the finance starts when the car is in your possession...

I hope so! They told me my first payment would be taken on 25th August as I would have the car this Monday…so let’s hope they sort it before then but doesn’t give me much hope seeing how long this has gone on for now! 

On 7/1/2022 at 12:43 PM, unofix said:

so are they planning on using pixie dust to fix the problem

Bad news !!!

Seems the pixie dust is on back order

7 minutes ago, unofix said:

Bad news !!!

Seems the pixie dust is on back order

Your right there, I obviously can't discuss some things , but all I shall say is it's not going to plan. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I ordered my Ford Kuga in July 21.. given and eta of November/December.. which gradually just kept getting extended. 
I was then told the car had arrived and collection was arranged for 24/6. Got a call on 23/6 to advise this was no longer possible. 
My first issue was that Insold my car privately 2 days before.. so am now carless. I also had to pay £45 cancellation on the car insurance I took out (I just did a change with my provider so no cooling off period!). 
Thr dealership offered to rent me a car at the rate of £20 per day! But was not prepared to pay for something as firstly was no my fault and secondly they could give me no ETA. 

Updates so far have been the first fix applied did not work.. and it’s now back with Ford and have been told it won’t be before August! I have said I’d rather wait for the 72 plates if it takes much longer! I did get told my finance agreement has been cancelled so won’t start paying for it yet! But they do still have my deposit! 
I’ve put in a complaint with Ford waiting for a car for over a year is just a joke! 
(And for anyone saying cancel the order.. I have a diesel in order with them which they have stopped producing so can’t change my mind if I want the Diesel Kuga) 

• Like 1

Ordered a Puma ST Vignale 155 in October 2021 and still waiting on delivery. First it was the chip shortage delaying the build, then it was held up at a railway station in Poland, told due to the war in Ukraine.

Eventually it arrived at the dealer in early June and a date for delivery was confirmed for 30th June, vehicle was registered, so I returned my current lease vehicle on the 28th June, changed over the insurance and then I get an email on the 29th to inform me of the SOS fault and delivery would be delayed.

I have been chasing Ford Lease twice a week now and all they say is no updates on when the software fix will be deployed. Really not helpful.

Now I have no car and it is a major pain with car hire costs that are exorbitant and we are due to go on holiday in the UK in early August, so will be fleeced for car hire.  I will never order a Ford again.

• Like 2

Hi,

does anyone have any updates to this recall issue at the moment, my puma st is sat in the dealership and not really Getting an update on expected dates sadly 

We were supposed to take delivery of my wife's Puma 155 St-line Vignale auto on 16th July.  The dealer phoned to say it couldn't register/release the car due to the software issue. I've now arranged to delay registration until September as I didn't want to get a 22 plate car just days before the 72 plate is launched. I'm hoping Ford will have sorted the issue by then.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club