Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puma Recall June 2022

ChrisM41

Need more than pixie dust , more like unicorn poo. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Need more than pixie dust , more like unicorn poo. 

I mustn't be understanding the fix.

I clearly remember earlier in this thread being told by a recent new member, in no uncertain tones that "it was just a software issue and no parts were needed" !!!

Also I recall another well informed person saying that "all Ford needed to do was pay for the licence like every other manufacture".

Are you sure you know what your doing Ian, or would it be best to ask them to fix it ? 🤣🤣

News just in. The unicorn poo is on back order, expected 25th December 🎉

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, unofix said:

I mustn't be understanding the fix.

I clearly remember earlier in this thread being told by a recent new member, in no uncertain tones that "it was just a software issue and no parts were needed" !!!

Also I recall another well informed person saying that "all Ford needed to do was pay for the licence like every other manufacture".

Are you sure you know what your doing Ian, or would it be best to ask them to fix it ? 🤣🤣

News just in. The unicorn poo is on back order, expected 25th December 🎉

Yeah, apparently I know nothing and not just this thread. I'm so thick and I'll informed. Better just keep my mouth shut .🤣🤣

• Haha 3

Hi. I had the same problem. Waited for 3 weeks and told that it was only software issue. 

After taking the car i went to summer holiday. More than 2000 km and no problem. 

Before my gasoline consumption was 5,5 liter/100 km and now 5,8 l/100km

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sahin102 said:

Is Buckinghamshire now using Gasoline ? and measuring distance in km ? and to top it off working out consumption in  litres/100 km ?

I always suspected the south as being different 🤣

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, sahin102 said:

... and now 5,8 l/100km

that's 48.7Mpg for those still in old money LOL

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sahin102 said:

I generally like the metric system...  But this just looks so inelegant. :unsure:

It's 2mpg difference for anyone wondering. 

At Silverstone yesterday the price of race fuel (102 RON) was a very reasonable £3.399 per litre 🤣

I would have loved to see that priced in gallons 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, unofix said:

At Silverstone yesterday the price of race fuel was a very reasonable £3.399 per litre 🤣

I would have loved to see that priced in gallons 🤣🤣

£15.43/gallon LOL

EDIT

oooppssss, maybe that was a rhetorical question 😄

• Haha 1

Just been told parts are enroute from Dagenham so booked for Saturday pick up

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Roxy1208 said:

Just been told parts are enroute from Dagenham so booked for Saturday pick up

Thanks for letting us know.  Hope all goes well for Saturday.

So I was initially told by Fordpass it was a software update which the dealer could do. Booked in, left, only to be told Ford had pulled update overnight. Ford at same Twittering that it's a hardware fault and needs new part.

Ford really don't seem to know what any of the departments are saying. I'd escalated from Fordpass to CRC. Had a couple of conversations with them. They're putting a trace on the part as it's on backorder.

Dealer is amazing, he admits Ford are useless at letting them know what's going on !!   So I now have a new TCU sitting at dealer, car booked in end of Aug with loan car 🙂  Hopefully it will only take approx 2 hours as dealer hopes. service manager says biggest and worst recall he's known. 

From Ford CRC today

This is the latest statement released by Ford
“Ford is issuing a recall (22C16) on a number of vehicles due to a potential issue with the in-built modem which may fail to connect to the infrastructure of the telecommunications provider. This could cause an eCall malfunction in certain Puma, Focus, Mondeo, S-Max, Galaxy and Kuga vehicles which were built in the Ford plants in Craiova (Romania), Saar louis (Germany) and Valencia (Spain). This issue might affect up to 45,434 vehicles which are distributed within the Ford transportation network or are with dealers and customers. Affected vehicles will require a hardware replacement and Ford has prepared a field service action that enables dealers to update affected vehicles with a new modem. We have officially informed authorities and dealers. Customers will soon receive an official notification from Ford and can contact their Ford dealer to get the required hardware update for their vehicles.

HOPE THIS HELPS......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:

From Ford CRC today

HOPE THIS HELPS......

Dam, where did I put my glasses! LOL

Sorry about that, I got my glasses on so it looks BIG .......LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevep999 said:

45000 !!!!!

I'll raise that with 4 of a kind - 50,000 !!!!! 🤣

Is anybody else still waiting for their new car to be released by Ford UK?   I have now been waiting for three months for a car that still sits at the dealership.

17 minutes ago, Addafew said:

Is anybody else still waiting for their new car to be released by Ford UK?   I have now been waiting for three months for a car that still sits at the dealership.

Will depend where in  the queue of 45000 you are 

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2022 at 3:52 PM, Addafew said:

Yep, been waiting since June when my new Puma was meant to be delivered. On Friday, I received good news (I hope) parts have arrived and booked in for delivery next Friday.

• Like 1

Finally I took delivery of my new Puma ST-Line Vignale! However all is not as it should be.

After the vehicle was delivered and parked on my drive and a quick visial inspection on the outside I had to get back to work and it wasn't until 5:30pm that I had a chance to have a really good look at the vehicle and drive it. To my complete surprise when I opened the bonnet I noticed the engine cover was missing, yes hard to believe it but I can only assume the mechanic that replaced the Modem parts removed the cover for access, and forgot to put it back on!

This is unbelievable and now on a Saturday I am trying to find out whether it is even safe to drive without the engine cover which must be there for a good reason ( perhaps to stop dirt and moisture getting in to any electrical components and possibly other reasons)

Also anyone ordering the Vignale model, please note it doesn't come with any Vignale badges, just has ST Line badging!

This is the final straw with Ford.

2 minutes ago, Dommo said:

...whether it is even safe to drive without the engine cover which must be there for a good reason ( perhaps to stop dirt and moisture getting in to any electrical components and possibly other reasons)

Calm yourself man, it's primarily for decoration, with a little protection. You can certainly drive it till you get it sorted...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ford don't even fit an engine cover to the 1.0EB any more...

Also worth noting it's not a Vignale model, which is why you don't get Vignale badges.  It's an ST-Line X with a new name.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ford don't even fit an engine cover to the 1.0EB any more...

Yes, as far as I'm aware the Mk 7.5 and Mk 8 Fiesta never had one, it was fitted to the Mk 3 Focus for a while.

I think some Mk 4 Focuses with the revised ecoboost got them for a while, but that seems to have been discontinued also.

A few threads on this, such as:

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/136287-ford-focus-mk4-engine-cover-ecoboost-hybrid-155-hp/

You can get one for the original (wet belt) ecoboost from various sources (e.g. Sico or Pumaspeed) but I've not seen one for the revised engine in the Mk 4, Puma and later Fiestas for sale new from those sources (though the odd one has cropped up used on ebay).

I've seen ads for smooth finish covers that fit over the original and can be painted, but that's no use unless you have an original cover in the first place.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dommo said:

Finally I took delivery of my new Puma ST-Line Vignale! However all is not as it should be.

After the vehicle was delivered and parked on my drive and a quick visial inspection on the outside I had to get back to work and it wasn't until 5:30pm that I had a chance to have a really good look at the vehicle and drive it. To my complete surprise when I opened the bonnet I noticed the engine cover was missing, yes hard to believe it but I can only assume the mechanic that replaced the Modem parts removed the cover for access, and forgot to put it back on!

This is unbelievable and now on a Saturday I am trying to find out whether it is even safe to drive without the engine cover which must be there for a good reason ( perhaps to stop dirt and moisture getting in to any electrical components and possibly other reasons)

Also anyone ordering the Vignale model, please note it doesn't come with any Vignale badges, just has ST Line badging!

This is the final straw with Ford.

Update, after contacting the dealership about the missing engine cowling/ cover, they claim that if it didn't come with one fitted then it wasn't meant to have one! The handbook shows an engine cover. Can anyone with the new Puma confirm if there vehicle has the black plastic engine cover?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club