Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Puma Recall June 2022


ChrisM41
 Share

Recommended Posts


You can’t order a new fiesta, focus or transit.  Pumas, kugas and others are sitting in dealerships unable to be registered.  No communication from Ford on when things might change.   How on earth can dealerships continue to operate when Ford UK won’t let them sell any new cars?  Is this the start of the end for Ford UK?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ford dealer told me this morning that Ford by the end of this week will announce a date for fixes to be done.

unsure how much truth behind this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2022 at 4:56 PM, Cgreen said:

Hi,

 

does anyone have any updates to this recall issue at the moment, my puma st is sat in the dealership and not really Getting an update on expected dates sadly 

On Friday 29th July I was told by Ford Lease that a fix is imminent and hopefully this week there will be an update on delivery. Not holding my breath on that though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Do people really hold their breath over anything? Maybe if someone let off a stink bomb in a room 🤣

Yep, it's a pretty common stress response!  Even back in Shakespeare's time, people would 'wait with bated breath' in anticipation.  Though admittedly, sanitation and personal hygiene wasn't so great back then either... :laugh: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was told 10 days ago by dealer that Ford UK had said final fix would be in place by 1st of August.  Told today by dealer Ford still have no solution.  Car still sitting in dealership unable to be registered, shocking customer care from Ford UK, I have no idea when car can be released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ford uk advised me today that parts have been distributed to dealerships to replace the unit 

so fingers crossed could be the weekend 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cgreen said:

Ford uk advised me today that parts have been distributed to dealerships to replace the unit 

Actual physical parts ? They are going to replace the unit ?

I'm very surprised so many people in this thread have been saying with total confidence that it's just a simple software problem. Perhaps Ford have got it wrong (they often do), they just need to update the software if only they would listen to those who know.

Personally I think replacing the unit sounds a far more probable answer, but only time will tell what the correct solution is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, unofix said:

Actual physical parts ? They are going to replace the unit ?

I'm very surprised so many people in this thread have been saying with total confidence that it's just a simple software problem. Perhaps Ford have got it wrong (they often do), they just need to update the software if only they would listen to those who know.

Personally I think replacing the unit sounds a far more probable answer, but only time will tell what the correct solution is.

Yeah replace the unit, followed by a new software update to match

dealership told me this was the case so I tweeted FordUK to confirm and they said yes parts were sent to dealerships yesterday 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got off a call with dealer. Told that Ford notified them on Friday that they need to strip out the telematics unit from the Puma and send it to the manufacturer so they can do whatever and send it back. They estimate a few weeks. Like seriously... am I ever going to get this car?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Yuvi said:

... They estimate a few weeks. Like seriously... am I ever going to get this car?

Bit dramatic, eh? It's a new car, definitely a 1st world problem, not life threatening...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yuvi said:

Just got off a call with dealer. Told that Ford notified them on Friday that they need to strip out the telematics unit from the Puma and send it to the manufacturer so they can do whatever and send it back. They estimate a few weeks. Like seriously... am I ever going to get this car?

Not exacting true, new units will be fitted but there is limited supply as you can imagine with chip shortages. The faulty units will be sent back and reprogrammed then sent out again for another vehicle.  That's why it may take a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I confirm that ford cannot deliver the puma we ordered in greece due to unresolved modem issues.They don't  have a time planning.Unfortunately they have also an unacceptable attitude with no intention to apologize.Instead they claim that other companies do worst with their cars deliveries.

We are really disappointed with ford's policy and lack of respect to their clients.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Stelioe said:

We are really disappointed with ford's policy and lack of respect to their clients.

I am old, with lots of experience over the years of large companies. As such, I have exceptionally low expectations of all of them, and I have never been disappointed as they consistently meet those very low standards...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still waiting for an update. Now been told new parts need to be ordered, then it will be a 2 hour job in the workshop to fit new parts and download new software. That was 10 days ago, no doubt the parts will be delayed for weeks due to a backlog/ shortage . By the time I get this car it will have been almost 1 year from placing the order.! That is terrible service IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dommo said:

Still waiting for an update. Now been told new parts need to be ordered, then it will be a 2 hour job in the workshop to fit new parts and download new software. That was 10 days ago, no doubt the parts will be delayed for weeks due to a backlog/ shortage . By the time I get this car it will have been almost 1 year from placing the order.! That is terrible service IMO.

That's assuming the new parts actually work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dommo said:

...By the time I get this car it will have been almost 1 year from placing the order.! That is terrible service IMO.

Gosh, I know, you should have ordered a Tesla, oh, wait a minute, their current UK waiting list is up to 2 years 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Gosh, I know, you should have ordered a Tesla, oh, wait a minute, their current UK waiting list is up to 2 years 🤣

Or any other car

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership