Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk2 1984 1.0

Matt_focus_zetec

Hello all

I have just recently bought a mk2 1984 fiesta it wouldnt start and the kids that had it were in the process of destroying this car so i have rescued it and gave it a nice warm home to come to lol

there is only 18,000 odd miles ont he clock its only ever had 1 owner (well im the 2nd now lol) and its in mint condition

floor is still intact no body rust im well pleased with it

Im going to restore it back to it orginal condition and make it all standard it hasnt really been messed with but when i bought it the thing wopuld not start

anyways after setting the timing on the dizzy making sure firing order was right and timing the the rotor arm properly (and with help from my very good neighbour antony) she started

JOBS TO BE DONE

===============

battery NEEDS NEW ONE

battery CLAMP (WHERE ON EARTH CAN I FIND ONE OF THESE)

DOOR WINDOW SEALS (BOTH SIDES AGAIN STRUGGLING TO FIND A SET)

BUMPERS FRONT AND BACK BEING SPRAYED BACK TO BLACK

2 NEW HEADLIGHTS

EXHAUST SYSTEM COMPLETE

REAR TAILGATE badge

BONNET SPRAYING

1 WHEEL BOLT ONLY HAVE 3 IN THE ONE WHEEL

JOBS THAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR

============================

GOT THE CAR RUNNING

FITTED A INLINE FUEL FILTER

CLEANED CARB OUT

CLEANED INLET MANIFOLD OUT

PUT SOME LEAD REPLACEMENT FUEL IN

This car is my first ever project and i want to succeed in making it 100% orginal again come to some meets with u guys then and shows and stuff

which reminds me i have a set of pepper pot alloys with tyres but the tyre need defo replacing if anyone wants to swap for any of the items above please message me as i would be greatful to see them go theres a set of 5 only the kids who had them before me sprayed the one back (i havent a clue why)

anyways i will add pictures later as im at work and cant get onto photobucket but keeps on the look out and give me your comments of what you think fo the car overall any opinoins much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Pics

Photo-0016.jpg

Photo-0017.jpg

All the pics i have so far this is a i need to restore bumpers and stuff which i will do this weekend if i get time im hoping to have it finished in the next 6 months

thanks for looking guys

cheers

Matt

• 1 month later...

Sonds like a good project, good luck with it! :)

Cant get over that gear stick, I would've snapped that with the way I change gear! :D

Hi

That car is a very good choice.

Looks the part.

Dont go too far with modifying it.

One thing i can suggest is a full stainless steel exhaust in the original design not a loud sporty version.

Fill the sills etc with waxoyl and washout the wheel arches and paint in black hammerite/waxoyl rust preserver.

Make sure you get any welding done before you use the waxoyl as it will catch fire.

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club