Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 Warmth Query

PureStrength

Evening All,

Just a quick query. My fiesta is not over heating and the temp gauge levels fine but inside the cab it gets really warm??

fans blow hot and cold but there’s a surge of warmth coming from somewhere. To me it feels as though it’s coming from the main window vent, drivers footwell and behind the steering wheel.

Anybody experienced this? Also the car has a brand new radiator but the fan doesn’t seem to function as far as I can tell. Could this be the problem maybe??

help much appreciated 

Thansk in advance Peeps

On earlier fiestas and Kas there was a hot/cold mixer valve (can't remember the exact name) that tended to get stuck.  

You say the fan blows cold but there's a surge of warmth. At the same time?

Can you adjust it so that you get JUST cold air out? Could you clarify?

This is a fairly standard quirk of the Mk6 unfortunately...  The heater matrix is constant flow but not well insulated from the cabin.  That means that in the height of summer, you're still getting heater warmth leaking into the cabin.

Of course, there could also be a fault...if it's specifically coming out a vent that it shouldn't then that suggests a flap fault.

Morning All,

yeh so I checked the fans inside through heating switches, all works as it should (hot and cold)

when nothing is turned on however you can feel a lot of heat surging from somewhere, it’s tricky to identify where.

The car has a new radiator but the fan looks like the original, I am yet to hear or see the fan engage. Is there any tests that can be done to check this functions?

cheers peeps 

If you unplug the coolant temp sensor and start the engine, the rad fan should run constantly as a failsafe.

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If you unplug the coolant temp sensor and start the engine, the rad fan should run constantly as a failsafe.

I will try this @TomsFocus

thanks buddy 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club