Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New MyKey message on dashboard screen.

SeanGrant

This morning, I started up my 2017 Focus and had the message 'No MyKey, 2 Admin Keys' . I have no idea what this means or why this has happened. Other than the message stopping all other screen information appearing e.g. speed, MPG, miles to empty, miles per trip etc, all else is fine i.e. no restrictions driving. Anyone know what the message means and how to get rid of it so my info screen comes back? I have had the car from new and never had this before.

image.jpeg

That is just the 'information' screen you have selected. It is simply telling you that you have 2 admin keys and no My key programmed in to the car.

use the 'back arrow' on the steering wheel to exit the information screen. Use the 'hamburger' button to select what menu you want displayed.

I guess you have never used 90% of the functions of the display in the years you've had it 😉

info.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In case you don’t know-  if say you let a teenage son use the car you can program one of the keys to become a My Key.  Then if that key is used (the key you give your son to use) you can set max speed and max radio volume to apply when that key is used

• 1 month later...

Are there more than one of you who drive the car, perhaps the other driver has scrolled through the menu settings and accidentally activated (as happened to me, but it was me doing the scrolling). I had this option activate whilst trying to look through some other menu settings. I needed to find a youtube video to talk me through how to deactivate it as when activated it restricts speed, acceleration and so many other things. Let me see if I can find the link in my viewing history, took a few videos to find the helpful one.  I just don't go anywhere near that end of the menu options now...just in case.

Edit: found the link, 

Edited by Abz_Fiesta
adding link to help video on youtube.
  • Confused 1

Sounds like it's all sorted now.

Reminds me of a work colleague who was looking through the available settings on his phone and accidentally selected "language = Magyar" (Hungary).  But he didn't know how to set it back to English because all the menu instructions were then in Hungarian! 

On 8/9/2022 at 11:08 PM, alanfp said:

Reminds me of a work colleague who was looking through the available settings on his phone and accidentally selected "language = Magyar" (Hungary).  But he didn't know how to set it back to English because all the menu instructions were then in Hungarian! 

Been there, seen that, done that!!