Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Global open and closure mk8 fiesta

Joyzy
聽Share

Hi, just got a 2019 fiesta st line x,聽tried to use the global open and closure window feature today but couldn鈥檛 get it to work, the car has electric everything apart from rear windows 馃 can鈥檛 find any options in the settings etc to turn it on or off, could someone let me know if the car even has this feature and if so how to activate it.

thanks聽

Yes they do have the feature but it is not enabled.

Get yourself a laptop and download the software FORScan (it's free) and then you will be able to turn global opening/closing on. While you're at it you can also turn on 'auto lock' so that the doors lock automatically above 12 MPH. There are quite a number of things that you can enable or disable using FORScan making the car more enjoyable for your own personal taste.

FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

OBDII connection lead - vLinker FS: https://www.bmdiag.co.uk/forscan-diagnostic-cable-for-ford-vgate-vlinker-fs

Thanks for the info 馃憤 looks like I will have to get that sorted or take it to the dealership then, guess it鈥檚 quite straight forward to use once downloaded, don鈥檛 want to mess anything up on the car 馃ぃ

Ford dealerships will not alter the settings, otherwise people would buy lesser models and then just get the dealer to turn stuff on like 'Auto High Beam'

Just like doing anything on a computer you save your settings to a file before you make any changes. If you make a mistake you car always reload the original file.

I鈥檓 sounding stupid here but never used anything like this before, I鈥檝e just downloaded forscan and had a quick look, I鈥檓 guessing once it鈥檚 plugged into the car when I get the lead all the options etc will be visible, is there an option in forscan to save the original files, other than that I鈥檓 guessing it鈥檚 just a case of finding the option you want to change and turning it on or off, thanks again聽

Previous discussion on this thread to the effect that global closing/opening could only be enabled on cars where聽all聽windows were electric, ie 3 door cars or 5 door cars with the electric rear window option.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/131885-2020-fiesta-all-4-windows-opening-on-their-own/

Don't know if you could enable the fronts with Forscan but you can see the logic of it not being available - otherwise you could think you had closed all windows while the rears were still (manually) open.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

otherwise you could think you had closed all windows while the rears were still (manually) open.

A very good point Roger. Never gave that a thought but it makes sense.

I'm not sure of the exact options available on the Fiesta Mk8. On my Focus Mk4 there is the option to enable Global opening and separately there is the option to enable Global closing. However I've just enabled this on a Focus RS Mk3.5 and the option was only Global - enable/disable聽

• Like 1

Well I鈥檝e just ordered the lead so when it arrives I will have a look, just been reading the other thread and it mentions having to one touch close windows which mine has, if I can鈥檛 switch it on it not a massive issue, will be interesting to see what other features have been held back, such as auto locking, can鈥檛 remember the last car I went in that didn鈥檛 have this feature until this one, will let you know what happens next week when the lead arrives, thanks for the advice and info 馃憤

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, unofix said:

On my Focus Mk4 there is the option to enable Global opening and separately there is the option to enable Global closing. However I've just enabled this on a Focus RS Mk3.5 and the option was only Global - enable/disable聽

I believe the Mk 4 Focus had electric windows all round from launch, and I should think the Mk 3.5聽 RS also has, so that would make sense.

On the Mk 8 Fiesta, however, electric rears were an option on many versions, even the higher specs. Like Dom's my ST-L X has manual rears, for example.

On 6/29/2022 at 11:34 PM, Joyzy said:

Well I鈥檝e just ordered the lead so when it arrives I will have a look, just been reading the other thread and it mentions having to one touch close windows which mine has, if I can鈥檛 switch it on it not a massive issue, will be interesting to see what other features have been held back, such as auto locking, can鈥檛 remember the last car I went in that didn鈥檛 have this feature until this one, will let you know what happens next week when the lead arrives, thanks for the advice and info 馃憤

You can check out my previous post here,聽

I managed to get auto lock enabled:

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally got round to having a go with forscan and managed to activate the auto locking feature, however I couldn鈥檛 get the global window closure to work, think it must be to with the fact it doesn鈥檛 have electric rear windows 馃ぃ not sure if I changed everything I needed to though, the options I changed are in the photo, I have also seen some posts about changing some codes for certain things to work, any info appreciated, thanks聽

1200616A-A901-4EA9-BC8C-9700D3274A26.jpeg

Because you don't have electric rear windows you can't select global closing.

You can still select global opening which will work (but not if you leave global closing selected).

As mentioned

3 Door models - Global is active on Vignale models from factory and can be activated using Forscan

5 Door Models - The vehicle must have x4 Electric windows and if you do, it's normally activated in the factory anyway

Does the older mk7 have this,i have 4x elec windows and would love this.

Yes it should have. It can be turned on using FORScan. The setting for your car probably just says 'Global' and nothing else.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club