Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transmission Malfunction Service Now

HPFruity

Hi chaps!

Back in April, this happened when my battery died / was replaced.

As you can see on the thread, all cleared with ForScan and the car has been fine since.

Until last week.  Was going away for the weekend and whilst stuck in a bit of traffic suddenly got the "Transmission Malfunction service Now" error.

The car then appeared to be stuck in Neutral.  I put it into Reverse then back into Drive and it worked but obviously stuck in limp mode then.  Fortunately we were only 30 minutes away from where we were staying.  Even more fortunate was that there was a garage next door to our hotel and they cleared the error the next day.

It happened again today, after sitting in heavy traffic for a good 30-40 minutes.  At one point the error changed to "Transmission Overheat - Stop safely" (Or words to that effect).

Managed to get parked up where we were going and the car was OK afterwards, although against stuck in limp mode.  We were local so was OK driving it home and I cleared again with ForScan.

I've done a bit of Googling and found this which looks very similar to my issue.  I have clearly noticed that both times this happened it's when been sat in heavy traffic so basically lots of "creeping" for want of a better word.

So, I guess what I'm asking is... Should I be concerned?  Is it a replace TCM type of an issue?  I've had the car over 5 years now and I've sat in plenty traffic in it so surely it should have happened lots of times by now?  I'm going away next month on holiday (in the UK) so I don't want it to keep happening if we hit traffic etc.

Any advice please?  I've also seen there's an extended warranty from Ford on these autos?  100k miles / 10 year... This is a 13 plate with 66K on the clock, but I haven't see whether this warranty is extended in the UK?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Hi, my car is having the exact same issue now. How did you resolve it? My car is saying transmission function service now.

1 hour ago, Leah00 said:

my car is having the exact same issue now.

Focus or Kuga ?

2WD or AWD ?

Manual or Automatic ?

Diesel or Petrol ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club