Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing

aot871

My sister  brought a 1ltr eccoboost  fiesta in Dec  with the mot due in early Oct . As part of the deal she got a major service  which was done in Jan  As she is only doing about 250 miles amonth at the moment,    should she leave the next service untill next Jan  and  just have oil and filter change done while it's in for the Mot  or wait untill .

Sort of depends what was included with the major service.  Assuming air filter and spark plugs were done, they don't need doing again already.

MOT covers most of the visual service 'checks'.  So as long as she gets the oil & filter changed with that, I don't see any need for a full service this time.

6 hours ago, aot871 said:

just have oil and filter change

That basically IS the service on a modern car. I kept this below from a post I saw on Fiesta servicing. As it's doing low mileage  I'd change the oil and filter in October and wait till Jan 2024 for a service as long as it's running well. The MOT is effectively a safety check anyway and should pick up anything that needs doing.

NEW type Fiestas - All

Service after 2 years or 18,000 miles whichever occurs first = pollen filter and oil and filter - oil can be left (I wouldn't) depending on oil life monitor (which I assume you access in the instrument panel).

4 years or 36,000 mls whichever soonest, is pollen filter, air filter, spark plugs, oil and filter.

Recommended Brake Fluid every 2 years

Other than that, for the technician, its just check, check, check check, kick tyres and try NOT to leave greasy finger marks everywhere, leave the drivers seat in the place you found it and return radio to how you found it

9 hours ago, aot871 said:

should she leave the next service untill next Jan  and  just have oil and filter change done while it's in for the Mot  or wait untill .

If the car is a 2014 then by next January it will be around 9+ years old. At that age it is coming up due to replace the wet belts, quite a major operation and I would say best carried out at a Ford dealership. You may as well just get the belts changed and that will include the oil and filter change. Current prices are between £1200 - £1500

1 hour ago, unofix said:

If the car is a 2014 then by next January it will be around 9+ years old. At that age it is coming up due to replace the wet belts, quite a major operation and I would say best carried out at a Ford dealership. You may as well just get the belts changed and that will include the oil and filter change. Current prices are between £1200 - £1500

I've been told in the past that if the miles done are on the low side and only short trips , then you should have the oil changed every 6 months  but not sure how correct that is .

On an Ecoboost 1.0 you can never change the oil too often. Just be sure only to use the exact oil specified by Ford, and never use an oil flush or any additives.

I don't disagree with any of the other replies, but are you suggesting an oil and filter change in Oct and then AGAIN in Jan? That's just not necessary.

You ask if due to low miles being driven, should she leave next service till Jan, but surely that's when it's due anyway???

So MY opinion is just have MOT in Oct as scheduled and then oil and filter change as part of the service in Jan as scheduled.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alanfp said:

So MY opinion is just have MOT in Oct as scheduled and then oil and filter change as part of the service in Jan as scheduled.

plus wet belts changed

• Like 1

The OPs car is a 2014, not necessarily his sister's.  🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The OPs car is a 2014, not necessarily his sister's.  🤔

Good point!😀 Of course, it could be a 2013.............😀😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The OPs car is a 2014, not necessarily his sister's

Very true ....

9 hours ago, unofix said:

If the car is a 2014 then by next January it will be around 9+ years old.

The OP never confirmed or denied the age, so it's anyone's guess 🤔

11 hours ago, unofix said:

The OP never confirmed or denied the age, so it's anyone's guess 🤔

Indeed.  It's one of many forum mysteries...  

The ones I like are those complaining of an engine fault...and we have to guess which engine it is from the colour & number of doors. :biggrin: 

• Haha 2

Indeed.  It's one of many forum mysteries...  

The ones I like are those complaining of an engine fault...and we have to guess which engine it is from the colour & number of doors. :biggrin: 

The year is 2014

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aot871 said:

The year is 2014

Sounds like she should be preparing for the wetbelt change soon then. :sad: 

• Like 1

Sounds like she should be preparing for the wetbelt change soon then. :sad: 

If Jay's car details are correct sounds like they both will!😀

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Mines  already been  done , my sisters will go to the same place  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I think he's recently had his done from previous posts. :smile: 

(Unless I'm getting usernames mixed...which is possible lol!)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I think he's recently had his done from previous posts. :smile: 

(Unless I'm getting usernames mixed...which is possible lol!)

No, he has - I remember the post now. Found a local guy at a much more reasonable cost than the main dealer wanted to charge.😀

EDIT: A thought. Lots of 1.0 Ecoboosts will be coming up for cambelt changes from now onwards. Might be worth someone who has already had it done by an independent and been satisfied with the price and service to start a thread of recommended garages for the benefit of others?

Edited by Eric Bloodaxe
Extra paragraph
  • Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club