Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Boy Filler

Jimpster

Has anyone used this stuff for scratches in car paint etc, been advised to stay well clear of Cataloy stuff. I have one thats down to the primer and i dont want to sand the whole panel back, just want to fill and touch in. Was looking for stopper filler like i used to use many many moons ago, but cant seem to find it.

https://www.toolstation.com/big-boy-filler-ultra-fine/p40826?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&mkwid=_dc&pcrid=560396161865&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=CjwKCAjwwo-WBhAMEiwAV4dybbb5qBR3qBhG17QTHiY3YYMf-fe99Iu1gFpCRy-uI6i2-bnMkFiZgxoCPyEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I haven't used that but it looks to be a two part thing just like Cataloy but maybe a bit smoother and easier to sand.

For scratches I have always used a single part Knifing Stopper and used my favourite Cataloy, David's  Isopon, for bigger stuff but things may have moved on since then. 

• Like 2

Yes, I know it says Cataloy but this sort of thing looks more like the knifing stopper we used to use for final filling:

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-and-body-repair/fillers-and-preparation/holts-cataloy-knifing-putty-100g-154211.html

• Like 2

For £3.00 i'll try it but theres quite a few horror stories of cataloy not setting or even sinking, hence my question

1 minute ago, Jimpster said:

For £3.00 i'll try it but theres quite a few horror stories of cataloy not setting or even sinking, hence my question

It looks like a single pack thing so will dry rather than cure with a hardener so for those things to work they need to be built up in small layers.

The type of Stopper that I'm used to was normally Cellulose based just like an extra thick primer so it would dry quite quickly.  

I've used the Holts cataloy knifing putty to fill small dents and scratches and never had a problem with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Tizer said:

It looks like a single pack thing so will dry rather than cure with a hardener so for those things to work they need to be built up in small layers.

The type of Stopper that I'm used to was normally Cellulose based just like an extra thick primer so it would dry quite quickly.  

yes thats what i was thinking i used to work part time in a backstreet paint shop as a teenager, we used huge cans of filler, when i say huge we used it sparingly not slapped 2 tonne of it on. and a burgundy stopper paste for the final finish

• Like 1

Can't say I've ever heard of it.  And I'm certainly not Googling that! :unsure: :laugh: 

• Haha 3

is that sponsored by Katie Price ?

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club