Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Bought My First Ford - Only Taken 25 Years!

Mr Kipling

Hi Everyone,

I've never owned a Ford before but my wife's been nagging me that our Volvo S60 T5R was too big/too thirsty and she wanted a smaller car.

Having researched thoroughly it's clear that the new Fiesta is best in class and the car to have, better still our local Ford dealership is offering cracking deals on ex fleet cars. I went to arrange a test drive and was very impressed with the level of service I received, I was shown a few cars and chose a 1.4 Titanium in Avalon for my 3 day test drive. I explained that I would be testing back to back with a Jazz as they also were highly rated.

I then test drove a Jazz for 3 days also allowing the missus and me to drive them back to back, the Ford had it straight away, faster, better handling, quiter, much better damping and a real looker. Not as practical but I'm not a coffin dodger yet! The Honda salesman phoned me 3 times to ask if I wanted the car, I got so peed off I returned the car after hours with a polite note saying I was buying the Fiesta and don't call me again.

Took the Fiesta back after 3 days and started talking money, it was up at £12,500 a 2009 model with 2000 miles having been a fleet car for 3 months and the other 3 sitting on the forecourt not selling. After much thought I decided I wanted a newer car and we started discussing a Zetec 1.4, these were £10,995, I said I wanted one in Vision and was told none were available, I was then shown a silver Jan 2010 car, I liked it but still preferred the Vision colour, after much haggling the price came down to £9250. I then said "we're nearly there, chip another £250 and I'll take it, my argument being that as a town car it needed parking sensors which the £250 would pay for, they could either fit them retrospectively and I'd pay £9250 or chip £250 and I'd fit them. We stalled and I was told they would call back after speaking to the manager ( yeah right ) 2 hours later they called and guess what, they had found a car in Vision my preferred colour and it had the City Pack fitted ( parking sensors & folding mirrors ) result! it was also newer an Apr 2010 car. To further confuse I was offered the Titanium for £9500 just £250 more aargh!!

I liked the Titanium but in truth none of the extra kit was essential, nice to have but not can't live without, also it was a Nov 09 car versus a Apr 2010 car so 5 months more warranty plus a 2010 car which I thought must be worth more come resale, and the Titanium didn't have parking sensors so... I said I'd take the Zetec. They told me it would be ready for collection the following week ( this wednesday 7th July ) and were kind enough to supply us with a 1.4 Style + to run around in.

They phoned me yesterday to say they had the car, it had been pre checked and was being valeted, would I like to take it out and make sure was happy with it.

Nice touch so I spent 2 hours driving it yesterday, took it back all was fine and collect tomorrow.

So long winded story but I'm very impressed with their customer service, so much so that I wrote to the salesperson's MD with a letter of commendation.

I think £9250 for a 1.4 Zetec with City Pack and less than 2000 miles and 3 months old is a good buy but you guys are the experts, is this a good deal? anyone else got this car and are you happy with it, looking forward to 37mpg instead of 15 and my wife is happy which is rare, also just seen that it placed 5th in the recent Which reliability survey ahead of the jazz which came 6th linky - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/5894686/Honda-tops-reliability-survey.html

Hi and welcome to the club.

Sounds like you had a great experiance.

Hellooooooo and Congrats on the purchase I got my fiesta last week and am extremelly happy with it I'm sure you are too :D

Hi Mr. Kipling,

Welcome to the club after reading all of your post I’m really looking forward to receiving the same type of exceedingly good service when I go to purchase my diesel fiesta in January 2011 can’t wait,

:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club