Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Park Pilot Malfunction After rear damage

HappymanUK

A family member has a Ford Fiesta Titanium Turbo (2018) that had damage to the rear.

As part of the damage this shorted out the wiring harness connecting the rear parking sensors.

We have repaired the wiring harness but we are now getting 'Park Pilot Malfunction' on the display and none of the parking sensors appear to be making the clicking noise when listening to them closely.

Does anyone know if there is a way to 'reset' the system after repairing it to make it work, or is there a fuse we can check for the Park Pilot system ?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, HappymanUK said:

the parking sensors appear to be making the clicking noise when listening to them closely.

Yes they do if they are working. A bit like a Bat does with echo sound location, they make high pitched little clicking sounds.

It is very possible that the PDC is damaged if the wiring has been shorted.

You need to use a laptop with the software FORScan and a lead to connect to the OBDII port. You will then be able to read any Ford specific DTC and see what the problem is with the parking sensors.

FORScan (free) : https://forscan.org/download.html

ELM327 (modified) cable : https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_with_switch_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx

OR

vLinker FS cable : https://www.obdiitool.co.uk/wholesale/vgate-vlinker-fs-elm327-for-ford-mazda.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwiJqWBhBdEiwAtESPaAM5PwhxM5-PfnyBreTgok0DJ0wiXeJJwGH3NUaRSFoSJHT4cuL5kxoClrgQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

What about the sensors? Were any even slightly damaged? One sensor faulty/damaged and the whole lot shuts down. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply.  I have a Wi-Fi based OBD device (ELM327) so will see if that works with the FORScan software mentioned.  I also have a Opcom but think that is just for Vauxhall (I'm not sure).  Will give it a try tomorrow.

One of the sensors was definitely damaged and this was replaced, maybe the replacement was faulty ??

When you mentioned that one sensor faulty and the whole lot shuts down, wouldn't the other working sensors still make the clicking sound ? (Which they didn't) ?

Thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club