Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytime Running Lights

thhedk

I dont know if it is legal everywhere, but in Denmark it is legal to use the fog lights as Daytime running lights.

So I have made a little box that uses the built in light sensor, to turn on/off the fog lights.

Auto Light

And I bought some H11 LED Bulbs also.

Feel free to use it B)

Thomas H.

Nice idea although Im not sure it would be legal in the UK :huh: . If it was that simple I dont think car manufacturers would be going to the expense of fitting extra lights when all they need is a daylight sensor on the fogs? :unsure:

Nice idea although I’m not sure it would be legal in the UK :huh: . If it was that simple I don’t think car manufacturers would be going to the expense of fitting extra lights when all they need is a daylight sensor on the fogs? :unsure:

no the law states in the uk that drls must switch off automatically when the high beam and fog lights are switched on or else its an mot failure they have to be independant with there own wiring and fuse etc

• 1 month later...

no the law states in the uk that drls must switch off automatically when the high beam and fog lights are switched on or else its an mot failure they have to be independant with there own wiring and fuse etc

I can't help wondering if we will get a change in UK / EU Law allowing front fogs to be used as DRLs.

At the moment lamps with 55 Watts and mounted below a certain height may only be used in restricted visibility, ie Fog Lights.

Some Skodas have two bulbs in the low mounted units, 55W for Fogs, 21W for DRL. How many people think a Skoda on DRLS has its Fogs on ?

You may remember the old Volvo DRLs. They were outlawed by the EU for new cars. When the EU were going to introduce permanent headlights, there was outcry, one of the concessions the EU made was to allow dedicated DRLs, the thing they outlawed in 1987.

Remember the UK only Dim-Dip Headlights ? Again, outlawed by the EU. Look at a new shape VW Polo with its headlights on all the time. Look carefully, the Dips are not running at normal power, OK it is more than the old Dim-Dip, but it is re-instatement of something the EU banned.

So, going back to the original point, it is possible Fogs may be allowed as DRLs or maybe more likely, Dim-Fogs.

Stewart.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club