Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Focus

zev

Hi all, I finally bought my focus after looking for weeks. The problem is it has a few fine scratches on its metalic paint work. I was told that t cut may help, but another friend said they dont like tcut because it takes a layer of paint off. So I'm not sure what to do any tips folks.

zev

Hi all, I finally bought my focus after looking for weeks. The problem is it has a few fine scratches on its metalic paint work. I was told that t cut may help, but another friend said they dont like tcut because it takes a layer of paint off. So I'm not sure what to do any tips folks.

zev

Ha I feel a T-Cut debate coming on. Your car will have layers of lacquer protecting the paint, the scratch in all probability [you say they are "fine"] is just a lacquer scratch. Just T-Cut it out, if you follow the instructions you will have no problems.

I've been T-Cutting scuffs and scratches the like of what you pick up in supermarket car parks for years no problem. I've even T-Cut an old Astra completely and it came up great.

I'll try and fish a photo out for you, I have not got a before picture but trust me it was my Sons motor, he was in the RAF serving abroad for years. He lent it to his sister she never washed it for years and it came back home with totally dull paint work, not a hint of a shine on it.

There you go

astra.jpg

It was first reg in 1992 and that picture was taken in March 2005 just after I had t-cut it. Clutch had gone on our Mondeo and as the door skins where parting company with the frames I scrapped it. Trouble was I had promised the wife a weekend on the Welsh Coast. And she said we are not tipping up at the hotel with the car in the condition it was, hence I T-Cut it. Turns out I bought a Focus the day before we where due to go to Wales so we went in that.

Here is to many thousands of miles of care free motoring, enjoy

Hi,

Thanks I feel alittle better now about using tcut. I have actually just noticed that some kind person as put a deeper scratch on my car so much so that the white paint shows through.I doubt if even tcut would cure that. Oh well she's still a beautiful car best car I've had in years. Actually I may use it on the bonnet too as the paint has dulled a bit.

Thanks

zev

Hi,

Thanks I feel alittle better now about using tcut. I have actually just noticed that some kind person as put a deeper scratch on my car so much so that the white paint shows through.I doubt if even tcut would cure that. Oh well she's still a beautiful car best car I've had in years. Actually I may use it on the bonnet too as the paint has dulled a bit.

Thanks

zev

No T-Cut won't do anything for that deep scratch. You will just have to get some touch up paint. I find buying the spray cans is better, just spray some into the lid and use it to touch up you scratches. Trouble is you need to clean your brush afterwards, white spirit will do it though. Or you can get one of those stone chip guys in to fettle it. example HERE Never used any of them myself but I've heard they do a good job. And to be honest you can usually still see the ones I do.

Rule of thumb should be, if it is halfway or above up a body panel or on the bonnet get a professional in to do it if your fussy. If it's low down on a body panel have a go yourself. But to be honest the only person who looks at your body work in fine detail is yourself....nobody else gives a dam :rolleyes:

haha yes your right I'm just being fussy because I've had it a couple of weeks.

Thanks

zev

hi welcome

get some pictures up of you new wheels

I think I might try this kit and see how good it is doing stone chips on the bonnet. I've tried doing blob jobs and then reducing it with fine wet and dry and pastes similar to T-cut [bought at Aldi] two step, cutting then polishing compound, but I end up with it painted but lower then original paint surface no matter what I do....bugger.

See the Video for application

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club