Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Technology Pack Adaptive Light Continental Driving Question

Fenester

Technology Pack Adaptive Lights

Being  these lights read the road and adapt their beams for curves and roundabouts; when driving on the right (France etc) do they compensate for continental  roads  i.e. know that you on the right and therefore adjust the headlights meaning you don't have to fit beam benders?

Dealer doesn't have a clue as yet about how to deal with these lights for driving on the continent. I have asked the question of Ford via the main dealer and I am still waiting for a reply.

You just have to change them to right hand traffic in the drivers display. 

I will have another look tomorrow, but I went through the settings and there wasn't one for this that I could see. 2022 Kuga STline X with tech pack and driver assistance pack. Do you know the menu sequence? I hope you are right, I'll feedback after I have looked in the morning.

10 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes the setting is present many thanks. It is interesting that you get the answers on here rather than the Ford dealership who seem to know little about their product. Training needs to be strengthened,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fenester said:

I will have another look tomorrow, but I went through the settings and there wasn't one for this that I could see. 2022 Kuga STline X with tech pack and driver assistance pack. Do you know the menu sequence? I hope you are right, I'll feedback after I have looked in the morning.

Yes you are correct many thanks for taking the trouble to help.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2022 at 11:04 PM, Fenester said:

Being  these lights read the road and adapt their beams for curves and roundabouts; when driving on the right (France etc) do they compensate for continental  roads  i.e. know that you on the right and therefore adjust the headlights meaning you don't have to fit beam benders?

Dealer doesn't have a clue as yet about how to deal with these lights for driving on the continent. I have asked the question of Ford via the main dealer and I am still waiting for a reply.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Have just bought new Kuga Vignale with Tech pack but not adaptive headlamps. The option to change direction is not in the lighting settings. Ford dealer no help. Any ideas!

44 minutes ago, R B said:

Have just bought new Kuga Vignale with Tech pack but not adaptive headlamps. The option to change direction is not in the lighting settings. Ford dealer no help. Any ideas!

Should be in vehicle lighting menu on sync screen.

RH traffic or LH traffic  if you have the quad dynamic lights in tech pack (uk)

• Like 1

Owners Handbook: Page 108

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/CG3854en-202206-20220620100900.pdf

Only vehicles equipped with Adaptive Headlights have the ability to electronically swap the beam pattern from LHD to RHD.

All other headlights use a fixed lense / lamp arrangement.

RHD.JPG

I've got my new Kuga 2.5 ST Line X Edition being delivered in March (It's already in the UK from Spain). It's the FHEV (190). Do you know if it's got adaptive headlights fitted as standard for this model ?? Thanks in advance 👍👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club