Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Original Ford Fusion Radio - Help!!

decredwood

I want to replace the original cassette radio in my 2004 Fusion. I have bought a single din adaptor, but the front fascia plate encasing the radio is fitted around the original design (and other nobs & switches - eg, fan/heater controls, hazard light button, etc) so do I need to replace this peice of moulding?

If so, where can I get one that is compatible with a single din radio, and what is the cost?!

I want to replace the original cassette radio in my 2004 Fusion. I have bought a single din adaptor, but the front fascia plate encasing the radio is fitted around the original design (and other nobs & switches - eg, fan/heater controls, hazard light button, etc) so do I need to replace this peice of moulding?

If so, where can I get one that is compatible with a single din radio, and what is the cost?!

If your dash looks like the picture ive added then the stereo is sepperate in the dash just a snug fit, your new one will be too :) Fitting Kit

May be of interest, new stereo Click Here All for £46.98 excluding. Delivery :D

You can remove the old stereo very easily with the correct 'keys' (take it along to a Ford garage, most would be helpful enough to release it for you) then just get an adapter either online from eBay or from Halfords or similar car accessory store, to fill the gap...I think there's even a type of adapter available which is a small cubby hole or coin storage box.

My dash looks like the picture attached:

There is a large piece of moulding which fits around the original factory fitted radio and all other controls.

The radio is in three strips which stick out between the moulding, meaning that if I fit the adaptor this moulding will need to be replaced?

Anyone understand my problem?

PS: These pictures aren't my car, there is a cassette deck in my Fusion (hence the need to replace it!) whereas these pictures already have a CD player installed.

post-14992-127867118542_thumb.jpg

post-14992-12786714945_thumb.jpg

My dash looks like the picture attached:

Anyone understand my problem?

PS: These pictures aren't my car, there is a cassette deck in my Fusion (hence the need to replace it!) whereas these pictures already have a CD player installed.

I completly understand what ya mean, take out the stock stereo, purchase the conversion kit i previously loncket and get a stanly slice out the horizontal pieces and slot in your conversion kit previously purchased as its designed to fill the space.

I completly understand what ya mean, take out the stock stereo, purchase the conversion kit i previously loncket and get a stanly slice out the horizontal pieces and slot in your conversion kit previously purchased as its designed to fill the space.

Thanks for the help, but I think I'll have to bite the bullet and go to a Ford dealer. I wouldn't want to start hacking pieces from the faceplate if I could buy an adaptive moulding that will fit better.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club