Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST-Line vs Focus ST-Line (15K budget)?

RecoiLz

I’m currently looking at replacing my now ageing Fiesta (getting on for 8 years old) and have a budget of roughly 15K. Having looked at other offerings from the likes of BMW and Audi in this price range, I can’t help but come back to Ford.

I’m not fussed about ridiculous performance, just decent acceleration (my old ‘05 Fiesta really struggled with hills - never again!) and a decent spec that’s no more than 2-3 years old.

That has led me to Fiesta’s and Focus’s in the 68-69 plate range. And I can’t decide where to put my money. I’d get slightly younger and less driven if I go Fiesta…

Any thoughts / feelings / general advice on which way to go? Things to consider?

Cheers!

If you want a nice car, good reliability, good performance, good fuel economy, not going to start to fall apart, good dealer support, get a late 1 series

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

If you want a nice car, good reliability, good performance, good fuel economy, not going to start to fall apart, good dealer support, get a late 1 series

What do you mean by late 1 series? I'm not all that keen on any of the older shapes, just the latest one which is out of budget.

5 hours ago, RecoiLz said:

What do you mean by late 1 series? I'm not all that keen on any of the older shapes, just the latest one which is out of budget.

Yes, I mean the older shape.

Seat Leon then? Well, equipped, good value.

69 plate is coming up to 3 years old.  (Yeah, I know it doesn't seem like it!)  I wouldn't want a Mk4 or Mk8 just out of warranty...  Would either stump up to buy a newer one with ~18 months warranty left, or buy something a couple of years older, completely forgetting about any warranty ideas (and not paying the premium for a month or two of warranty left).

The ST-Line isn't particularly well equipped, so do check it has all the features you need before opting for one.  Also, which engine are you looking at?  If 1.0 EcoBoost, you may want to read a few forum posts on that!

I second the Seat Leon idea...very good value.  Not quite up to Golf quality, but coming from a Fiesta, they're on a par really.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I second the Seat Leon idea...very good value.  

Yes, I might have gone for another one if the Mk 4 had not been infected with VW Groups current touchscreen for everything philosophy.

A late Mk 3 would be well worth a look.

The current Ibiza in FR spec is not bad either. Not quite as sharp a drive as an ST-Line Fiesta, but not far off. Can't get anything more than the 110ps 1.0 turbo though, at least it's not a wet belt! (There was a 150ps 1.5 produced for a few months but they are as rare as hens teeth)

19 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Lurking on the BMW 1-Series forum occasionally, I've noticed quite a few buyers of the latest (fwd) version have been disappointed and gone back to the older version or a 2-Series coupe. A chap in my village very quickly swapped his new M135i and went back to an an older model M140i.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

The current Ibiza in FR spec is not bad either. Not quite as sharp a drive as an ST-Line Fiesta, but not far off. Can't get anything more than the 110ps 1.0 turbo though, at least it's not a wet belt!

My son has a 2018 1.0 FR DSG Ibiza, fantastic car

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lurking on the BMW 1-Series forum occasionally, I've noticed quite a few buyers of the latest (fwd) version have been disappointed and gone back to the older version or a 2-Series coupe. A chap in my village very quickly swapped his new M135i and went back to an an older model M140i.

Yes, current 1 series is basically a mini, the rear wheel drive platform is better. Thank God for the current 2 series coupe

17 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

My son has a 2018 1.0 FR DSG Ibiza, fantastic car

He looks a bit young to be driving!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

He looks a bit young to be driving!

That's my grandson LOL

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club