Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GOLD WARRANTY

Hi ,as my 3 year warranty ends soon,Ford has offered me their Gold Warranty cover,  it  seems to cover the main items that can go pop, has anyone had any problems when putting in a claim,and is it worth the money or is there better warranties out there ?

3 hours ago, 24008943 said:

Ford has offered me their Gold Warranty cover,  it  seems to cover the main items that can go.....

Boom ?

I normally think most warranties are not worth the paper there printed on. Is this a genuine Ford warranty or some third party product that's been pushed by your local Ford garage ?

Is there a limit on how much it will payout and will it cover the full cost of an engine replacement ?

Hi,thanks for the reply.

Its from Ford UK,here is the Gold link below with info, Ford  quoted me £145 for the year, its got full AA cover also ,considering i had a breakdown quote from AA for £169 , thats a plus as its included i guess.

https://www.myfordprotect.co.uk/product-benefits.html

It seems to cover most things and implies it covers things like the wetbelt snapping. It's like fully comprehensive motor insurance you never quite know how good it is until you need to make a claim.

In this case I'd place my bet and pay the £145, and hope I never need use it but if I do, I hope the croupier will pay out in full.

🤣Nice one...yes you are right,anyway fingers crossed i dont need it !

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget to read the T's & C's, and factor-in dealer servicing costs if you would normally have done your own servicing.

It looks like good value.

Just note that the AA cover doesn't include "recovery", i.e. just roadside assistance and transport to nearest garage. May not be an issue for you - didn't used to be an issue for me until I had a wife and children, when it became a more important consideration.

I usually rely on the Ford service breakdown so one attached the warranty wouldn't be of much interest to me personally.

My car will be 3yrs old in October, how long before the end of the warranty did they contact you about extending it?

9 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I usually rely on the Ford service breakdown so one attached the warranty wouldn't be of much interest to me personally.

Yes, very relevant comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi alexp999, it was the end of July i had  the offer,my warranty expires 25th Nov 2022.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club