Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Body Kit Too Low?

lufc_lad

Ive just bought a Zetec S, it doesn't have the side. But ive noticed that as i go over speed bumps the front bumper scrapes.

Does anyone else have this problem or am i doing something wrong?

i got the s1600 and i dont have any problems.... my mate has a ZS and he seems to have no problems

I can't understand myself, it seems to be high enough to clear speed bumps, but theres definite scratches where its caught them

I don't know the recomended speed for going over the bumps but i tend not to top 20mph

I will try going a bit slower, thanks for the advice guys.

I've never scraped the front of my car on a hump and I usually go over speed bumps at just under 20mph (ish). Saying that, my cars supposed to be 10mm higher than a ZS.

they must be monster speed bumps!! was the car new? if not sure something hasn't been changed by the previous owner? to lower it. never scrapped by front bumper on anything i believe it even misses those high curbs in car parks etc..

they must be monster speed bumps!! was the car new? if not sure something hasn't been changed by the previous owner? to lower it. never scrapped by front bumper on anything i believe it even misses those high curbs in car parks etc..

It was previously the garage manager's car, they never said anything about any modifications. Im reluction to go up a curb in the car because im pretty certain the bumper wouldn't clear it.

Maybe measure from the front skirt down to the ground to compare with other members?

I live in Cornwall, anyone who has driven in Cornwall will know how random the road level and speed bumps can be. Nightmare :angry: . Either way I have no troubles at all with grinding or curbing the body kit. Either monster speed bumps or your going a tad bit fast. 20mph max for me on speed bumps

Had mine lowered 30mm dis fine over speed humps at about 25/30mph

i dunno if the zetec s has it, but i know for sure mine does... if you look under the bumper at the front there is what seems a pointless piece of plastic hangin down attached with just a few clips.... that catches sometimes i have seen one fall off on a titanium

• Like 1

I live in leeds mate(where in yorkshire are ya, be great to have a meet up, look in the meets sections) and theres some rubbish bumps around here. I tend not to go anything over 10-15mph in my Fez.

Maybe your driving around with 7 mates in it? I know when 3 people are in the back of mine its dropped barely get fingers between wheel and body.

Maybe your going up to them @ 25ish and braking just before and over them, when you break the car dips down at the front causing your car to scrape?

Jay

my standard zetec always scrapes , at the end of parking bays where thy sumtimes put kerbs , on dipping country roads (when im doing 50-60mph) , as i go off and on kerbs and on speed bumps , its a nightmare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mines decked and i have only scraped twice but that would due to an very steep drive way. And its not the actual bumper its the black plastic part about 8 inchs back under the car.

I've never had it rub over speed bumps but I have had it on curbs in car parks

I happened to be driving over humps last night, and noticed i slowed right down to about 10mph, and that just felt normal, to be honest i wouldn't take a seed hump at 20 in any car!

i'm on coilovers AND i have an engine guard that catches on central humps yet i don't have the problem of the skirt hitting?!

I live in leeds mate(where in yorkshire are ya, be great to have a meet up, look in the meets sections) and theres some rubbish bumps around here. I tend not to go anything over 10-15mph in my Fez.

Maybe your driving around with 7 mates in it? I know when 3 people are in the back of mine its dropped barely get fingers between wheel and body.

Maybe your going up to them @ 25ish and braking just before and over them, when you break the car dips down at the front causing your car to scrape?

Jay

Im in Leeds too buddy. I only had one passenger in the car so there definitly wasn't too much weight in there. But i have noticed that some kerbs are higher than my front bumper.

• 1 month later...

You can only second guess it, I would go back to from the person you got it from and ask so you can sort it out :D

Heff

• 4 years later...

A few years late to the topic,

Just bought a 10 plate Zs, TDCi. Front bumper scrapes over speed bumps... :/ Speeds I go over are around 20mph. Being honest I may have hit a few over that speed, which after reading above is probably the cause.

Note, these were pillow speed bumps and big ones too!