Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Puma 1.0 Ecoboost mileage

GPF

Hi,   I have a Puma on order (lord knows when I'll actually get it though) and was wondering about real world fuel usage.  Can anybody please tell me how much it costs at current fuel prices to fill the tank and how many miles they get before fuel light comes on?

thanks,

GF

Hi Gary

I have just taken delivery of my new puma ST and I filled it from empty, it took £64 at current prices to fill (03\08\22)

1 hour ago, Mr Lindsay Darby said:

Hi Gary

I have just taken delivery of my new puma ST and I filled it from empty, it took £64 at current prices to fill (03\08\22)

Thanks for this.  If possible could you follow up once you've used the fuel and let me know how many miles you managed?

I’ve finished a tank of super unleaded and got 440 miles out of it which is only 30 less than my little fiesta 

2 hours ago, HRF1T2020 said:

I’ve finished a tank of super unleaded and got 440 miles out of it which is only 30 less than my little fiesta 

That seems pretty great. Currently in my 2007 Focus I'm lucky if I get 350 miles out of an £85 fill!

Can I ask what mode you were in (eco, sport etc)?

I never got less than 500 miles to a tank in the Golf or Focus...don't know how anyone can afford to run old petrols! :laugh: 

You should get around 45mpg average from a modern 1.0 EcoBoost.  Tank on the Puma is about 40 litres, so should get about 400 real-world miles from that.

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I never got less than 500 miles to a tank in the Golf or Focus...don't know how anyone can afford to run old petrols! :laugh: 

You should get around 45mpg average from a modern 1.0 EcoBoost.  Tank on the Puma is about 40 litres, so should get about 400 real-world miles from that.

500 miles!!    I've never got anywhere near that in my Focus.   Either way it sounds like I'm in for a decent saving on fuel when my Puma eventually shows up.

You any idea what impact the different modes have?     Is being in Eco a big saving compared to Sport/Normal?

6 minutes ago, GPF said:

Is being in Eco a big saving compared to Sport/Normal?

No. Just another gimmick really.  You might even use more fuel in Eco mode as it's less responsive etc.  If you're just cruising the motorway for miles then Eco mode might help, but in normal driving it's not worth it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

No. Just another gimmick really.  You might even use more fuel in Eco mode as it's less responsive etc.  If you're just cruising the motorway for miles then Eco mode might help, but in normal driving it's not worth it.

I didn't realise that.  Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

I got 54mpg on a trip to Edinburgh and back using cruise control

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KINGY48 said:

I got 54mpg on a trip to Edinburgh and back using cruise control

Which driving mode were you in for the trip?

100 mile return trip to Nottingham, l'd regularly get 58 mpg and that's with 155 horses flailing away!....

Said it before, they'll give any diesel a run for their money, when used in the right 'conditions'...

Eco mode will give better mpg, but in my experiences, it's only a few more mpg so depends if you think its worth it?.

• Like 1

Cost to fill around £65, mpg is 48, always fill car to full and document on a spreadsheet so I know the mpg is correct. Display shows around 49 mpg so vehicle management is pretty good. My previous car a Focus mk4 produced around 42 mpg so quite pleased with the upgrade.

34 minutes ago, Pete14tc said:

Cost to fill around £65, mpg is 48, always fill car to full and document on a spreadsheet so I know the mpg is correct. Display shows around 49 mpg so vehicle management is pretty good. My previous car a Focus mk4 produced around 42 mpg so quite pleased with the upgrade.

This should be a nice saving for me compared to my Focus (57 plate) which shows mpg as 32!   

It pains me every time I have to fill up the Focus whilst waiting for the Puma to arrive.

On 8/12/2022 at 2:06 PM, Pete14tc said:

Nice to know the fuel management actually gives something like a close result ..... - some in the past have been dire!

Currently showing 46mpg average , that’s mostly around town and the odd trip out. Longer journeys well into the 50’s. I never use eco just find it too unresponsive and prob wouldn’t save on fuel as always pressing the accelerator more.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club